Author Topic: Statistics Graph  (Read 2530 times)

olddog

Statistics Graph
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:49:28 PM »
My question relates to the graphs shown on the statistics tab.

How does the time scale relate to current local time. I booted up for the first time today at 08:30 and at 09:00 looked at the statistics graph for File system shield, with today as the time period. The scale started at the left at 8am, had 0 (12pm) about 2/3 of the way across, and stopped at 8am again at the right.

All of the activity shown on the graph for the file system shield was between 12:15pm and 08:05. My system clock setting is correct (but does not use automatic daylight saving), so is currently GMT +10:30  

norel

Re: Statistics Graph
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:35:04 AM »
Something about yours doesn't sound right. On mine, 0 is 12 a.m., as I would think it should be, and the rest correspond to my system's clock.

olddog

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »
Something about yours doesn't sound right....

Yes I agree

At the time I am sure I remember it also showing "10 Minute Totals". Now it shows "5 Minute totals and the 0 which is now closer to centre  is 0, with the time am from there advancing to the right. The first digit on the left hand end of the scale is 12 (midday yesterday) and the last one on the right is 10 (am today). The time at the extreme right hand end of the scale appears to align with local time as shown on the task bar clock.

So it seems the scale for "today" is not fixed, but moves leftwards as the day progresses to maintain current time at the right hand end. Did I just imagine the "10 minute Totals" ? I certainly can't get it to show that now. Self doubt is just one of the problems of advancing age!

norel

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:19:39 AM »
Mine shows two hour intervals with smaller five minute intervals in between. I find it quite difficult to actually view the five minute sections though because they're so small; I tend to get ten minute intervals or larger. :)

olddog

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:03:03 AM »
Norel

If you have looked at the stats graph, and then exit from that page via the red cross at the top right, then some time later click on the orange ball in the task bar, it will reopen on the stats screen, but it is the one you were looking at before, it hasn't updated to the current time.

Clicking on the statistics tab on the left will change the time period to "last week" and then resetting this to "today" updates the screen to the current stats.

I'm not sure what you mean about your graph showing smaller five minute intervals between the 2 hous markers. Mine looks like this:

norel

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
If you put the mouse pointer anywhere on the red line at the bottom of the graph a little message opens that shows the time. Then if you move the pointer one way or the other the time changes in five minute increments. That's what I meant by five minute intervals.

I went back and read your previous post and it appears by 5 Minute Totals you must have been referring to the message in parentheses at the top of the graph. I only ever remember mine saying 5 minutes.

Rendah

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
File System Shield - Today
(5 Minute Totals)

Irregardless how long I log in Internet, the message always shown as 5 minutes. I wonder what does it mean ?