Author Topic: Main Exclusions Don't Work  (Read 7074 times)

Hermite15

Re: Main Exclusions Don't Work
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:02 PM »
well for me the file is just in a folder, no archive no nothing, when i open the folder thers no alert,  but wen i access the file i get an alert...

yeah because it belongs to the scope of the file shield, and it shouldn't be scanned, even when triggered manually (launched)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
Well, it seems that the global exclusions simply don't work for the resident shields...
I thought it was already fixed, but apprarently not... maybe it's a "feature" and the description in the global exclusions window should be changed, don't know.

Hermite15

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 08:43:16 PM »
Well, it seems that the global exclusions simply don't work for the resident shields...
I thought it was already fixed, but apprarently not... maybe it's a "feature" and the description in the global exclusions window should be changed, don't know.

don't know, that's weird because, as said earlier in this thread, after an FP I had a few days ago, I could run the involved program by excluding the folder where it's located...(before the virus def got updated)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »

well i hope its fixed at some point either way.
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Derelict_AZ

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »
I hope it gets fixed too. I can't exclude a PUP (smsniff.exe) on my computer. Added to both File Shield and Main exclusions and it still is detected.  :(