Author Topic: WARNING! Make v4 Home Free available again NOW, or 1 ReSeller is Done with You!  (Read 9027 times)

A_Phoenix

It's been clear for several days now that version 5 has way too many problems to be ready to force an upgrade to it at this time.  Therefore, the ONLY reasonable course of action is to do a roll-back, and allow user's to retreat back to using Avast! version 4 Home Free, if they wish.

However the company seems to be under new management, or maybe has hired a new head programmer, because someone there is forcing this on us and causing this become a major issue, rather than being concerned about the firm desire of many users to be able to go back to v4 (including v4 Home Free) at this time.  Answering our wishes is in the best interest of the company. Especially now that we've become so concerned over the recent changes, which are obviously NOT going according to plan!

And , you are further demanding we users spend time right now, to help you fix what is probably an innocent mistake, by refusing to allow us to do anything else!  And that is time which, I for one, DO NOT HAVE to spend on your problem right at this moment! 

What I DO NEED right now, is access to a few files which, it appears, I made a mistake in trusting you to place in v4 Home Free's Virus Chest!  Just when I need it, you won't let us keep using v4 Home Free, and are forcing us to upgrade to version 4 Pro, or version 5 Home Free instead, and I mean right now! NEITHER of which am I interested in switching to for the next several days, at least! 

You know there are false virus alerts, which is why files are moved to the Virus Chest, instead of just destroying them.  Now the question is this: Just who the hell do you think you are, that you can suddenly tell me I can't have access to my files, which I had entrusted to you, letting you move them to your "Virus Chest" because they had possibly been infected by a  virus?

YOU'VE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO REALIZE THAT AVAST! v5 HAS A PROBLEM - RESTORE v4 (Including v4 Home Free) BY MONDAY AFTERNOON, OR WE ARE DONE WITH YOUR PRODUCTS, AS ARE OUR CLIENTS, COLLEAGUES AND AS MANY OF OUR PEERS AS WE WILL BE TALKING TO IN THE FUTURE- LEARN OR LOOSE!

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
You can download 4.8 again at this link:
http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/6635/
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

dominumds

coolsilver

lister

Who's 'we'?

LEARN OR LOOSE! - oh, the irony! ;D

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
im puzzled by who these "we" are as well, the only problem ive had is minor, HARDLY a deal breaker. avast v5 is a huge improvement, just cuz ur system has had a problem doesnt mean u can say the same about the "majority" since sorry to tell u but the majority of the users arent on this forum.
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Sesame

Maybe, the majestic plural...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It surprises me that a Reseller wasn't actively involved in the beta testing that lasted over 3 months.

That way you would be conversant with the functionality of avast5 so that you may support and seen what issues there were and if there were any that appear to have remained. But this current issue with updating from 4.8 to the beta builds didn't seem to get much in the way of reported problems. I guess I was lucky then with no problems at all with my update to 5.0 as I have been with the other updates in almost 6 years as an avast user.

As for posting a threat to resolve by Monday afternoon or else, on what is in effect Monday morning in Europe (local time UK «on: Today at 00:58:48» Monday 25/01/2010) if it weren't a serious matter would be totally laughable.

Many have told you already, that avast 4.8 is still available and no one is forcing you to do anything. But you won't have seen them as 2 minutes after your post you haven't been back.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

OvenMaster

It's free. No one is forcing anyone to use Avast! Free. I'm always amazed when people get angry over free products... they're at liberty to spend money on a similar product. Sheesh.

carbar57

v4 free is available at http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab4
Updates for avast!4 are at http://www.avast.com/download-update
 :)
Hi,
If we revert back to 4.8 will we still be able to get updates for a long time or
will we be forced to upgrade to Avast 5. just to be regularly updated.

In its present form, Avast 5 is an absolute nightmare (re: web browsing and some webmail logins)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
He isn't getting angry over free products as he is a reseller of avast Pro who gets remuneration for his sales.

Though there is nothing wrong users of the free version getting angry either with just cause.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
<snip>
In its present form, Avast 5 is an absolute nightmare (re: web browsing and some webmail logins)

I would suggest you post the problems that you have and OS, etc. or search the forums as for sure you won't be the first with a unique problem and we will try and help resolve your problem.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Bad problems are bad for the person having them so let's not belittle the experience.
Having said that, a threat to restore something that has not been withdrawn does have a rather hollow ring to it.

I'm perplexed as to why a "reseller" is so apparently ignorant of the product.
I have only installed v.5 IS on office PCs for which I have direct supervision.
I have had no serious problems with v.5 (a jerky mouse pointer when the GUI is open on one PC) but all our machines at home are still runnung 4.8.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

carbar57

<snip>

I would suggest you post the problems that you have and OS, etc. or search the forums as for sure you won't be the first with a unique problem and we will try and help resolve your problem.
Thanks David, I intend to do that eventually. But my browsing and page loading times have been severely
affected by the recent Avast Upgrade. It has taken over 2 mins just to get to reply page and then its
blank. Hit refresh and maybe another min just to start typing my reply.
I just need an answer to reverting back to 4.8 as stated in my previous post.
Then I could install 4.8 and get back to normal browsing to check my emails and then post
Avast 5 problems in this forum.

muncle

@carbar57 in the amount of time you took to says you cant post the problems with the upgrade till you get version 4 back on your pc you could have posted the problem.