Author Topic: Avast 5 file Unable to Start File,P2p,IM sheild!!!!!  (Read 3051 times)

avast5user

Avast 5 file Unable to Start File,P2p,IM sheild!!!!!
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
I recently installed avast 5 Free Edition.Prevously I had Kaspersky AV which i uninstalled.But avast File system sheild doesn't start :(.It says UNABLE TO START FILE SYSTEM SHIELD.Same goes for P2P and IM shield.All other shields are working fine.

On the summary page at the bottom it says:

"Incompatible Software has been detected on your computer................Remove incompatible software"
Incompatible software

"Kaspersky Anti-Virus"

Then i tried kavremover10 found on kaspersky site and it said that kaspersky has been removed and rebooted the PC but the problem persists.I have also reinstalled avast but cannot solve the problem.

Please HELP me .

CharleyO

Re: Avast 5 file Unable to Start File,P2p,IM sheild!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »

Welcome to the forums, avast5user   :)

Did you reinstall avast after using kavremover10?

If so, try a repair of avast :

Control panel > Add/remove programs > click once on avast to select it > click on Change/Remove > scroll down the left pane and click on repair > click OK> follow directions

If nothing above helps, then there may be registry entries that the kavremover10 did not remove. In that case, a registry edit may be needed. I do not suggest you do this manually unless you are comfortable with using the registry. You might try Tweaknow Registry Cleaner at the link below. It will categorize which entries are safe to delete and which are not safe.

http://www.tweaknow.com/RegCleaner.php

Click on the "Server #1" link near the top left of the page under the Download header.

After doing the above, you should try again a repair of avast.