Author Topic: I NEED HELP TO UPDATE MY FREE VERSION  (Read 2239 times)

AlanM8

I NEED HELP TO UPDATE MY FREE VERSION
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:17:43 AM »
I've been using the free version of Avast for well over a year.  Now I'm getting messages that it is about to expire and that I need to update my subscription.  When I click to do that, it asks for my E-mail address and says that an E-mail will be sent to me.  I never get one.  It says if you don't get one, that Avast does not have my currect E-mail address.  I  have not changed it in over a year.  Anyway, how do I update it so I can renew my subscription?  Thanks in advance for any help.

carlcc

Re: I NEED HELP TO UPDATE MY FREE VERSION
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 03:24:35 AM »
I've been using the free version of Avast for well over a year.  Now I'm getting messages that it is about to expire and that I need to update my subscription.  When I click to do that, it asks for my E-mail address and says that an E-mail will be sent to me.  I never get one.  It says if you don't get one, that Avast does not have my currect E-mail address.  I  have not changed it in over a year.  Anyway, how do I update it so I can renew my subscription?  Thanks in advance for any help.

maybe it is just a small lag.
How long have you waited for the e-mail?
Sometimes, it may spend three days more or less receiving the e-mail
based on different mailbox.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:37:32 AM »
Alan, if your email program has a SPAM folder, you might find it there.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:41:17 AM »
It is usually sent out in seconds, today I tested it again as a result of someone else saying they didn't get an email. Whilst it wasn't instantaneous I received the email in minutes, not days.

Try again using a different email address, or try using a free gmail or yahoo webmail email address, this has resolved this in the past. Many ISP run anti-spam filters on their email servers without even telling the user.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security