Author Topic: Avast for laptops  (Read 3693 times)

lemastas

Avast for laptops
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:11:59 PM »
Hello I'm new to the Avast application.  I've been using it for a short time and I need to ask how to view virus updates to make sure they are current.  Secondly, I need to install Avast on laptops and update themselves automatically.  I currently have Avast installed in management mode.  Will the laptops update themselves?  I have a few laptops that will be away from the office for quite some time.  Any assistance with both questions would be great appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Len

wpn

Re: Avast for laptops
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
management mode??

do you mean you installed  ADNM (AMS) on a server and installed a managed client on the laptops?

if so:
1) this is the wrong section, your supposed to post this in the   avast! Distributed Network Manager   section. :)
2) search would have been your biggest friend, this question has been answered several times already :)

dispite, its sometimes hard to cook up the right search words so i will be nice to you....

Avast clients that are installed with the managed client (via ADNM, i assume you mean this with managed mode) will try to contact the local AMS server. When this servers is unresponsive the managed client will automaticly turn to the internet servers from Alwil themselfs....
So while your laptops are out side the office the laptops will update correctly

right now im at a laptop from work which hasnt been in the office or contacted the office for 5 days now and i do have the latest updates running on my managed client :)

for checking which versions you have:
right click on the avast icon in your icon tray and click the about avast option, there you will see which date and version the definitions have.
on the website you can check which version is the current....