Author Topic: Problems with my resolution...  (Read 11970 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Problems with my resolution...
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 11:26:08 PM »
Wow I admire you guys how you can work on those small screens (especially CRT)... :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Kobra

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 11:32:33 PM »
I sometimes have to remind myself not everyone can get super cheap computer hardware in various countries around the world.  Here, a 20" monitor will set you back between $79-$130 or so.  I picked up a 20" Samsung for $125, brand new a few weeks ago.  Next to those Samsungs, were 20" refurb (totally like new) Viewsonics for $79 each, all in boxes, with 1 year warranties.

Talk about cheap. Sheesh.. The land of disposable electronics!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »
I'm pretty happy with my 21'' LCD - but the price was a bit different... :-[
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 11:38:11 PM »
Oh, I can get good prices too -- but there's other factors involved, don't forget.  My (relatively) new 17" is a conventional CRT, and it's deep enough (that is, front to back) that anything bigger would be wobbling precariously over the front of my desk.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 11:57:55 PM »
I sometimes have to remind myself not everyone can get super cheap computer hardware in various countries around the world.  Here, a 20" monitor will set you back between $79-$130 or so.  I picked up a 20" Samsung for $125, brand new a few weeks ago.  Next to those Samsungs, were 20" refurb (totally like new) Viewsonics for $79 each, all in boxes, with 1 year warranties.

Talk about cheap. Sheesh.. The land of disposable electronics!

This forums gathers people from all around the world, not just from USA or Canada or some other financialy stable countries... I still have friends in Croatia and in other parts of former Yugoslavia. It's sad that there is still no chance for some of them to buy 17" monitor... it's still like a dream for some people, and I can understand that. I'm telling this because I came from there, and I know exactly what's the feeling... you could just dream about some things... nothing else...

That's why I know how to respect small things and people who are still unable to affort those things...

techie101

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 12:15:42 AM »
Sasha,

The world is changing...slowly but changing.

Maybe someday, people in all parts of the world will be able to share technology and commerce without hesitation.

Techie

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 02:50:54 AM »
This forums gathers people from all around the world, not just from USA or Canada or some other financialy stable countries... I still have friends in Croatia and in other parts of former Yugoslavia. It's sad that there is still no chance for some of them to buy 17" monitor... it's still like a dream for some people, and I can understand that. I'm telling this because I came from there, and I know exactly what's the feeling... you could just dream about some things... nothing else...

I cannot add a single word  :-\

That's why I know how to respect small things and people who are still unable to affort those things...

Here too... unable is the word  :'(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 02:51:15 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.