Author Topic: I can't even switch back into 4.8  (Read 2698 times)

zone12

I can't even switch back into 4.8
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
 Well avast's installer seems to need to old part uninstalled but the thing is, that I can't boot it up in safemode. BIOS s disabled as this is a second hand computer and Msconfig's safeboot is disabled. Hell the installer has even stopped functioning. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

chevymanusa

Re: I can't even switch back into 4.8
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:07:55 AM »
Try the Avast! uninstall utility:
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
Also may consider trying to restore to an earlier point.

Edit:
After re-reading your post, it sounds like your may need to re-install your operating system. It would be wise to research your computer/motherboard and find a way to re-enable your bios.

news

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »
Hello zone12...
Bios disabled is a REAL problem..one that you may not be able to fix alone. It identifies and test, runs your sytems services devices. Crucial to the boot up of your pc.

The motherboard is what I call the main board of your pc. Many crucial components are run from this. Exercise caution when attempting to repair either one. Hopefully, you will have someone that you know who has knowledge of the workings of both to help you.

zone12

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »
It's a second hand computer, a workspace retired computer, the thing is that system restore is disabled. and I don't know how I could get a hold of an XP disk.

Edit: When I said taht BIOS was disabled, I just asumed this seeing as any of the onscreen instructions did nothing. I tried f2 for safe mode although I haven't gotten it to work.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 03:43:33 AM by zone12 »

waking

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 04:20:14 AM »
I tried f2 for safe mode although I haven't gotten it to work.

F2 from where? F8 is the usual safe mode key at Windows start-up.