Author Topic: Avast 5 free antivirus and MS Outlook  (Read 5285 times)

jokylos

Avast 5 free antivirus and MS Outlook
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:25:01 AM »
every new email I've received since i installed avast 5 free, can only be viewed in plain text and not in HTML. I have MS outlook 2003 and the settings are set to view HTML. If i disable mail shield i can then view new emails in HTML so it must be avast. Anyone know why this is? or how to fix it?

Fionavar

Re: Avast 5 free antivirus and MS Outlook
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:36:39 AM »
I too am having this issue and would appreciate any direction how to address this please.

Red44

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
I am also having this issue crop up. I Googled "Avast 5 Outlook plain text" and found this thread.

I can send HTML based emails but everytime I get a reply or someone sends me a new email I get it in plain text and can only reply in plain text as well.

Red44

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
I had a search around the forums and found this thread on the subject :-

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=54195.0

It would appear that the plain text issue could be caused by having the "Insert Note" option in the Expert Settings of "Mail Shield", "Behaviors" ticked.

Apparently the text that gets inserted saying "Outbound message clean" etc breaks the HTML formatting. I have unticked the setting and will try sending and receiving a few test emails to see if that has worked.  8)

**EDIT** I have just tried sending and receving a few emails with the "Insert Note" option unticked and can confirm it solves the problem with the HTML issue.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:45:15 AM by Red44 »

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »
thought it was the Outlook plugin causing the issue.. can be deactivated just in case  ;)

yona

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
I have both "Insert Note Into..." unchecked.  Yet most of my email that I receive via outlook connector get changed to plain text.  I don't have this problem on my laptop, but on my desktop whcih is running Windows 7 64 bit and Outlook 2003.

This is very anoying seeing that I cannot make out what the email is about unless to view it in the Webmail browser.

I hope someone can help me with this.