Author Topic: How to use with Spamihilator  (Read 3044 times)

mhopper

How to use with Spamihilator
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:55:17 PM »
Hi,
Can some one tell me how to use Avast with Spamihilator? With Avast protecting my outlook express account, spamihilator fails to work and I can not log into my mail server. I get a message that says port 110 is in use by another appliction, Please change the port number in spamihilator and your email client. I can change the port setting and all is well again, except for it does not look as if Avast is checking the mail since the port is no longer 110. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible or I will have to go back to AVG as my virus program. I dont want to do that if I dont have to.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:How to use with Spamihilator
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:48:37 PM »
Well, we try to be fast.
Let the avast settings as they are (port 110)
Change Spamihilator to listen port 120 and in your email account properties (possibly the 'Advanced' tab of the configurations) set the same, 120.

See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=3413 for tons of details about avast and Spamihilator.

Will you come back to AVG? Will you receive this support?  ;D
The best things in life are free.

mhopper

Re:How to use with Spamihilator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 11:54:09 PM »
Hi,
Thank you for your very fast reply. I did as you said and everything is working great now.
No I will not be going back to AVG. I had several viruses that AVG did not detect but Avast did. No I would not be getting this kind of support using AVG. Thank you very much for your help Technical, it is appreciated greatly.

Thanks
Mike