Author Topic: Avast 5 - dissapointment  (Read 16756 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Avast 5 - dissapointment
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
Guys,

Just be patient,

I am realize that guy (Baltic112) have unstable emotion, so be patient...be patient...we are facing some guys which lose his control.

Hi Baltic112,

We are really appreciate if you be polite in here to respect and especially for Zyndstoff. Even though he doesn't answered your issues, but please more respect to older one.

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Hermite15

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
why "especially for Zyndstoff"  ???  ;D

Baltic112

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
Wouldn't it be better if you encourage the user to try avast! the next time when the bugs are fixed?

Avast is popular anyways without the encouragements. I want to point out to the developers of Avast that they need to make homework regarding 5.0 flaws.

You have to understand my frustration. I've been using 4.8 for a long time, and I liked the lack of problems in it. 4.8 made my PC working experience calm and safe. Now I've experienced such bulls#it with 5.0 and I very disappointed.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
Hi Logos,

Yes, because his old already.... :P :P :P

Hi Baltic112,

I understand what does you problem facing now, but please more be a educated person when you posting statement in here.

Please do respect to others first, if you want to be respected (as Bible said).

I believe that you are educated and polite person.
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Hermite15

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 11:38:20 AM »
I want to point out to the developers of Avast that they need to make homework regarding 5.0 flaws

kidding, giving lessons now ?  ::) why don't you start by giving a few details about what went wrong with your avast 5 install, you didn't say anything interesting from the beginning, and just expressed anger, anger about what exactly if I may ask ??? elaborate, thanks, about the freezing etc...: error messages, bsod, got a minidump file somewhere waiting may be? screen shots! If you don't feel the need to troubleshoot what happened, I'm asking again, why do you bother posting at all ???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:40:04 AM by Logos »

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »
Hey, yanto... I'm not dead already.  ;D

Baltic,
everybody here does understand your frustration, we've all been through some frustration whilst beta-testing (at least most of us). But it's true: you were not very polite and you didn't answer the questions or described in depth what you don't like and leads to your dismay. You used strong wording, that's all.

I'm sure that many of your problems could be solved. If you don't like the GUI, well, that's a matter of personal preferences.  ::)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »
Agree....

pbombart

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »
To the evangelists , the guys that you mention are really angry because ,
1) the BSOD are too regular (I did personnally what some are saying, no luck, I even lost a part of my mailbox)
2) I submitted tickets with the minidumps, no answer at all (saying we have well received your ...!!)
As a happy user of the version 4.8 , I bought an upgrade to IS 5

Do you think that we hve to smile or to be happy , the problem seems that Avast 5 is not fully tested that's all

Can I just ask to Alwil to say when they think a "stable" version will be available ?

news

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »
To the evangelists , the guys that you mention are really angry because ,
1) the BSOD are too regular (I did personnally what some are saying, no luck, I even lost a part of my mailbox)
2) I submitted tickets with the minidumps, no answer at all (saying we have well received your ...!!)
As a happy user of the version 4.8 , I bought an upgrade to IS 5

Do you think that we hve to smile or to be happy , the problem seems that Avast 5 is not fully tested that's all

Can I just ask to Alwil to say when they think a "stable" version will be available ?

Hello pbombart...I agree, you don't have to smile or be happy when your computer has become unstable or you're having issues with software that you've used in the past and probably had fewer issues with. I will say to keep watching the forums and wait a bit. BSOD's are quite frightening, and cause you to feel helpless when they happen. vlk and his crew are probably swamped with minidumps right now for sure and I personally believe they are working through as many issues as they possibly can.

Everyone won't get an answer to their problem(s) from them personally at this juncture. Try to hang in there and I too as you will be watching and waiting. If you're able to use the new version at all, try to keep going with it as I am on my test machine. If not, continue to use the 4.8 and stay close.  I'm hoping things will get better...counting on it. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:07:42 PM by news »

cod head

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »
If Avast 5 is working perfect on some P.C.s but not others is it the programme or the P.C.For me,I am lucky because it works perfect.Scans are a lot quicker,I liked the old interface but I like this one more.Its updates are easier and quicker so for me Avast 5 is a improvement on a already good quality programme.If I did have problems with it I would go back to Avast 4.8.I looked at A.V.G.out of curiosity and saw how great a difference there was between A.V.G. free and pro.I have only ever used Avast and that,s the way it will stay.

I would guess that on those computers it is not working right there is a conflict of programmes otherwise why is it working perfectly on most P.C.s.If it were otherwise you would not even be able to log onto the forum because it would be that busy.

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
no "software" is perfect you know  :-\
but alwil guys are doing their best to improve their product..
a few people facing some problems with their own pcs does not mean avast is the cause   as the majority is really satisfied with it ???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:33:26 PM by minacross »
MW

Hermite15

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 05:35:40 PM »
big chances, as I mentioned earlier today and as some users now seem to confirm, that the behavior shield is behind most issues experienced on XP/32. I can only advise again to disable it, or even uninstall it (temporarily until it's fixed) and reboot. This should sort things out for many.

Offline Avast Eagle

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
lol i have avast 5.0 in both a desktop with XP and Laptop Windows 7, never got any problems...
only thing that i no longer have is my dear url blocking feature, other than that its doing its job beter than earlier.

Without mention it uses half or much less the ram it once used in 4.8  ;D wich is far beter.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »
big chances, as I mentioned earlier today and as some users now seem to confirm, that the behavior shield is behind most issues experienced on XP/32. I can only advise again to disable it, or even uninstall it (temporarily until it's fixed) and reboot. This should sort things out for many.

If it is behind most of the problems with XP 32bit I wonder if those affected are using some sort of behaviour/hips processing on their system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

If it is behind most of the problems with XP 32bit I wonder if those affected are using some sort of behaviour/hips processing on their system.

could be...but I don't think so, a big majority of people as you can imagine don't use HIPS, and haven't even heard of that. What I think is that by nature, the behavior shield reacts, very differently on systems, even with the same OS.