Author Topic: avast! 5.0 slowing down computer with 3 G.B. of R.A.M.! (PROBLEM FIXED.)  (Read 16893 times)

EntitY

Re: PROBLEM RETURNED - avast! 5.0 slowing down computer with 3 G.B. of R.A.M.!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »
Cloussau, is that your 2cents worth of "criticism? this user came here for help and to to "complain" like you falsely accuse. It's members like you, that keeps me from coming on this forum more often...

galooma

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
its a pity you feel that way .

If Naean had taken a fraction of the time taken with his or her previous posts to actually participate in solving the problem then perhaps it would be solved by now.

This being a relatively new build is naturally gonna have difficulties but when confronted with an invitation from the developers to participate , I, and i`m sure they would have hoped for a more willing attitude.

Its not me that could benefit from this . Its everyone.

PAL10

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 02:01:20 AM »
its a pity you feel that way .

If Naean had taken a fraction of the time taken with his or her previous posts to actually participate in solving the problem then perhaps it would be solved by now.

This being a relatively new build is naturally gonna have difficulties but when confronted with an invitation from the developers to participate , I, and i`m sure they would have hoped for a more willing attitude.

Its not me that could benefit from this . Its everyone.

It is attacks from so called Evangelists like you that has kept a lot of us from helping. We don`t need to be criticised because we don`t have the time to Beta test right now. Nor is their any desirer when we do have time seeing how things work around here. So many of us have gone back to 4.8 and just lurk around here till it looks safe to try 5 again. See we do have faith in ALWIL or we wouldn`t have gone back to 4.8. It is the so called Evangelists that most have lost faith in........

jeffj4873

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:50 AM »
Now,Now, insulting doesn't get anything done. I personally believe that there is a glitch in the engine that occurs with some downloads. 4.8 had the same problem. There were time it would eat memory like crazy, you go to uninstall and either repair it or update it and a knew engine gets installed repairing the problem. It is doubtful that any of the shields are causing this problem, and if it was a shield, it would likely be the web shield since it occurs while surfing. Verification given that it doesn't slow gaming. The ALWIL team needs to evualate this issue with the CPU usage as a separate issue. Something that has been existing in 4.8 and has been carried over into 5.0. In the meantime, repairing or updating is the only cure to the issue I know of.