Author Topic: APOLOGY: re-I dont care if it was Flash or whatever...  (Read 2547 times)

hyjaxltd

APOLOGY: re-I dont care if it was Flash or whatever...
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:31 PM »
Below is a sceen shot of Avast starting UNSECURED.  It happened twice.  I dont know how, but now my license FOR WINDOPWS is all of a sudden invalid and I cant bring up ANYTHING!!!  My vers is Vista 64 Ult.  with a OEM license..ORIGINAL PACKAGE.

Something is compromising me continually, so unless you willing to say my modem has been hacked, we need yto look at some of the elements the developers have decided to use..IE the most talked about vunerablility on todays system FLASH.

Id offer some logs, if someone can tell me which ones to send by the time I get back from walking my dog.  My system HAD no issues when reinstalling UNTIL Avast.  Thats why Im blaming Avast...I have not put anything else...drivers were there already.

Something similar happened TWICE yesterday to include Avast itsself NOT OPENING.  If the rest of the computing world told you it was okay to wash your keyboard in the dishwahser would you...cause thats what they think.  So lets stop going by popular concencus and ease on the developing mind.  Lets NOT use ANY comprimisable faction (IE FALSH) to build a security product...regardless of Avast use of the Flash engine, it becomes comprimisable through it.

and there it goes again...tell me i diidnt get comprimised eh?  MY KEY IS THE SAME KEY THAT WORKED YESTERDAY AND IS ON MY COA IF YOU WANT A PHOTO.

Im not meaning to sound all huffy but seriously, STOP LISTENENING TO WHAT PEOPLE THINK AND GO WITH WHATS FACT.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:14:41 PM by hyjaxltd »

hyjaxltd

Re: I dont care if it was Flash or whatever...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »
IT IS NOT MY MEDIA EITHER...Im just tired of scrubbing my drives at this point and wonder what haoppened to the best and why they swayed all with 'well they say its okay' and not the facts of whats insecure and whats not.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »
I had to reinstall Vista on a laptop a few months ago because it all of a sudden showed an invalid license. Wasn't my system, can't tell how it happened. Software (Windows) was an OEM too, with AVG at the time...I didn't call AVG to tell them "hey...etc..etc...". The fact that Avast 5 is new doesn't allow you to hold this company responsible for any sort of failure that might happen on your system from now on. And for Christ's sake, try to post in a less confused style, it's like you're shooting at all corners in a closed room because you don't know where the aggressor is coming from and you need a culprit  ::)

edit: call microsoft instead  ;) (... some updates mess up with activation sometimes)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:27:22 PM by Logos »

hyjaxltd

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
I had to reinstall Vista on a laptop a few months ago because it all of a sudden showed an invalid license. Wasn't my system, can't tell how it happened. Software (Windows) was an OEM too, with AVG at the time...I didn't call AVG to tell them "hey...etc..etc...". The fact that Avast 5 is new doesn't allow you to hold this company responsible for any sort of failure that might happen on your system from now on. And for Christ's sake, try to post in a less confused style, it's like you're shooting at all corners in a closed room because you don't know where the aggressor is coming from and you need a culprit  ::)

edit: call microsoft instead  ;) (... some updates mess up with activation sometimes)
IM VERY SORRY FOR THE ADDITUDE...it was just my third tyime tryin to get up an goin.  I see there is a new version out, but I can tell you that my problem was Avast!5 IS was BLOCKING 'WGA' check.  Im up just fine right now without loading v.5.

Will be happy to check the newer version to see if it is still dong the same thing in a few days.  Missed out on ALOT of business concerning my signature  :o

Can someone who has hte time install from scratch a VISTA FR (ie no service packs), load driver packages, then Avast before validating Windows.

This was a very repeatable issue and again I apologize for my going off in the wrong direction, and I still think its a VERY bad idea to use anything so comprimisable as flash, regardless of how little as a requirement in a security product. IMO  8)