Author Topic: Update Registration Key in v5.0  (Read 4417 times)

chgoguy7

Update Registration Key in v5.0
« on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
How do I update the registration with a newer registration key in v5.0? The 5.0 upgrade took my registration key from v4.8 but that key has only a short time left before expiration and I would like to update it with a new registration key but I am unable to figure out how to do so in v5.0. This was possible in v4.8 but the steps for doing so in v4.8 do not appear to work in v5.0. Do I have to wait until the key expires before being able to update it? The reason for doing this is so that I can get all my PCs on the same expiration schedule.

EDIT: It is the Free version that I am inquiring about.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:54:41 PM by chgoguy7 »

spg SCOTT

Re: Update Registration Key in v5.0
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
Now I'm not entirely sure about this but...

Assuming this is the free version we are talking about.

Since the registration is built into the program, I imagine (since I have not experienced it myself) that you will be notified via the program and then asked to re-register that way...

-Scott-

duncan49

Re: Update Registration Key in v5.0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:11:44 PM »
I am asking the same question but with a different slant.
Having upgraded to Version 5 (Home Free edition) my expiry date has transferred from the old version.
How much notice will we get before the old key expires ?
If it's a month or so no problem but less than that and you could get back from holiday or a spell in hospital to find Avast had expired !
Sure you could request a key but you would be on the internet with an outdated virus database which could be risky ?
Can anyone clarify the position ?