Author Topic: avast! 5 overly eager to schedule boot-scan.  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
avast! 5 overly eager to schedule boot-scan.
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »
My avast! 5 IS experience so far is that whenever anything is deleted at the conclusion of an on-demand scan, avast! reports a "virus in the operating memory" and prompts for a restart and boot scan, Even the non-virus 'eicar.com' is apparently "unleashed" and becomes a threat during deletion.
Not only is this impossible, it makes it looks as though avast! is not able to unable to remove an identified but benign threat without allowing it to attack your PC.

There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

TheRebel

Re: avast! 5 overly eager to schedule boot-scan.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:53:52 AM »
My avast! 5 IS experience so far is that whenever anything is deleted at the conclusion of an on-demand scan, avast! reports a "virus in the operating memory" and prompts for a restart and boot scan, Even the non-virus 'eicar.com' is apparently "unleashed" and becomes a threat during deletion.
Not only is this impossible, it makes it looks as though avast! is not able to unable to remove an identified but benign threat without allowing it to attack your PC.

Yes, same problem here. But at my end it is not that every time avast detects a virus it gives "Virus in operating memory" error.

Anyways read this thread, 4th and 3rd last posts. Posts before that are related to the previous version.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53425.0