Author Topic: [AIS 393] Firewall Sort-Bug still not fixed - Short description inside :(  (Read 2638 times)

Timo Schmidt

Short description:

As soon as avast internet security creates the entry "Other" in the application rules, it doesn't create vendor specific entries.

An example:

You have 3 programms which require internet access for example Codeplex RAWR (not signed), Adobe Updater (signed), Apple Updater (signed). This means RAWR has no vendor information in the exe.file.

1. If you first execute Adobe Updater and Apple Updater and then RAWR you have the following structure:

Adobe Systems Incoporated
- Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager
Apple Inc.
- Apple Software Update
Other
- Rawr.exe

2. If you first execute RAWR and then the other two you have the following (bugged) structure:

Other
- Apple Software Update
- Rawr.exe

3. If you first execute Adobe then Rawr and last Apple you have the following (bugged) structure:

Adobe Systems Incoporated
Other
- Apple Software Update
- Rawr.exe

As you can see the first case is the "As it should be" case. The other two are the "As it shouldn't be" cases.

Greetings

Timo
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:56:00 PM by Timo Schmidt »

Hermite15

did you notice any improvement in the firewall behavior with 593, just asking because I don't have it installed anymore atm ?

Timo Schmidt

Well - the firewall didn't give me any trouble so far - so it's operating like it did in 377 ^^

Hermite15

Well - the firewall didn't give me any trouble so far - so it's operating like it did in 377 ^^

well it has big issues with the application rules list not being correctly updated, also answered alerts not being reflected...deleted rules that are still there, not in the UI but in the rules.xml file etc...