Author Topic: Setiface error...how do I fix  (Read 5245 times)

layzdawg99

Setiface error...how do I fix
« on: January 27, 2010, 04:33:36 AM »
Without having to pay for this program AGAIN!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Setiface error...how do I fix
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:45:39 AM »
When are you getting this error ?

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

If that doesn't work, try (this is related to XP check the path to files on your OS if different):
Windows, Run and type:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setiface.dll",RunSetup
What do you get?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wpn

Re: Setiface error...how do I fix
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:06:56 PM »
Without having to pay for this program AGAIN!

next to the above possible solution:

you say  pay AGAIN....
if you paid for the program, then you have a license key, this means you can install the program as often as you want, after installation you insert the license key where it is asked for....

to be clear: as long as you hold the license key and it is not expired by time, you dont have to pay AGAIN

if you mean that you paid to download the program.... then your scammed and you have to report this to Alwil where you downloaded the installer