Author Topic: 5.0 won't load allow internet access without turning off webshield  (Read 16400 times)

sded

Re: 5.0 won't load allow internet access without turning off webshield
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 03:39:19 AM »
Under webshield/expert settings/actions, do you have "show a notification window" checked?  Probably will need to wait for daytime in the Czech Republic to see what sort of dumps or ??? Alwil will need to diagnose this further. 

bradbogy

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:56 AM »
Yes the option is checked.

The report file doesn't show anything except when I started Avast and ended on reboot.

The browser both IE and FF when trying to load a HTTP page just say loading loading loading and never shows anything. No error or nothing.

bradbogy

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
anyone else check this out?

SolutionsAbound

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »
I was unable to access any Web sites with IE7 immediately after downloading and registering Avast 5.0.396. I have Zone Alarm free firewall and Windows XP SP3.  Even if you don't have Zone Alarm, go to http://support.avast.com. Find "Popular Knowledge Base Articles." Click on "configuration of the Web Shield HTTP Proxy." Read the entire column and depending on your type of Internet connection, follow the very simple directions and see if it helps. I have dial-up service, and it took me one minute to make the necessary changes that have now enabled me to access any Web site I want. Before you make any changes, carefully write down what your original settings are in case you want to revert to them if the procedure is unsuccessful. I hope this helps.

bradbogy

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
I fixed it....

Reformatted the PC and then reinstalled from scratch. Works fine now.

SolutionsAbound

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 10:20:12 PM »
I had the same problem and received the message,  "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Web Page."  I solved the problem in one minute. I have Zone Alarm free firewall but this may work in other situations too.

Go to www.avast.com
Click on Support
Under Technical Support, click on Support Center
Half way down the page, look at Popular Knowledgebase Articles
Click on Configuration of the Web Shield HTTP Proxy
Follow the quick and easy steps, depending on your type of connection
Before making changes, write down your original settings
Then try connecting to the Internet to browse after making the small changes. The whole thing took one minute to do and I am now able to access any Web site I want.

simple1

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 03:04:44 AM »
Bug still there in 5.0.396, windows xp sp3, windows firewall, patched, IE8 can't browse http with avast5 webshiled enabled, messing around with proxy settings (which you really shouldn't have to do) doesn't fix it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:11:27 AM by simple1 »