Author Topic: NEW! avast! 5 pre-release program update [NOW 5.0.394]  (Read 60586 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NEW! avast! 5 pre-release program update [NOW 5.0.394]
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 12:43:31 AM »
Hi , I just did a install of 5.0.394 on a new snapshot of my xp home. No other security except fortinet fw.
I was able to see my browser's web pages until I installed avast. ???
Things seem to be working fine otherwise. :)

Ensure that Fortinet FW allows AvastSvc.exe internet connection.
If it does delete the entry and connect to the internet again that should force it to ask permission again.

The AvastSvc.exe is used for three services see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

browbotham

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »
Build 394 solves continual reboot from XP Pro Welcome screen with aksfridge.sys. It does however find hardlock.sys, also part of the Aladdin Hasp SRM software (as is aksfridge.sys), suspicious via heuristic scanning.

Cheers,
Brett

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
Build 394 solves continual reboot from XP Pro Welcome screen with aksfridge.sys.

Thanks for the confirmation.

It does however find hardlock.sys, also part of the Aladdin Hasp SRM software (as is aksfridge.sys), suspicious via heuristic scanning.

Correct. It will be solved in one of the next VPS updates (doesn't require a program update).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Aubsurmer

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
I had to uninstal completly avast 5 because my computer was completly freezing on startup. Even disabling (is that a word?) the shields didn't work. I had to go to safe mode to uninstal everything.

Windows Vista, 32 b., Avst 5.0.394.

BTW, congrats Vlk for 10 000 posts :)

bikemanAMD

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Looks Like Clean Install Solved issue on Desktop XP SP3, 70 Percent thru a Full scan, and No Freeze Up yet..

Working Well, WIll run a Full Scan on this Vista one later on tonight when i got a chance

Keep up the Good work Avast Team

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »
I had to uninstal completly avast 5 because my computer was completly freezing on startup. Even disabling (is that a word?) the shields didn't work. I had to go to safe mode to uninstal everything.

Completely freezing with a clean install of v5.0.394?? Are you sure? As in: not even mouse cursor moved?

I'm double-checking as pretty much everyone so far confirmed that build 394 did solved these kind of issues...

Thanks
Vlk

llariel

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »

Completely freezing with a clean install of v5.0.394?? Are you sure? As in: not even mouse cursor moved?

I'm double-checking as pretty much everyone so far confirmed that build 394 did solved these kind of issues...

Thanks
Vlk

Try using a registry & system cleaner and then install again

Aubsurmer

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 01:50:27 AM »

Thanks
Vlk

It was a clean .394 and it was a complete freezing (mouse not moving). Ill try reinstaling again after cleaning registry and ill give you news.

Aubsurmer

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 01:51:43 AM »

Thanks
Vlk

Try using a registry & system cleaner and then install again

Thanks, ill try that. Whats the best registry and system cleaner ? I have Ccleaner but i doubt it is very helpfull...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
Aubsurmer, next time you try to install it please verify that it's indeed build 394 by right-clicking the left-hand side banner in the avast setup wizard - it should tell you which version it is going to install, exactly.

mokkaman

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 02:33:05 AM »
 I hav win xp sp3 with 4.8 professional edition..to maintain my license i downloaded n installed avast 5 pro from

http://www.avast.com/lp-upgrade-4-5-paid

after installation,restarted,only wallpaper appears,no taskbar, task manager shows AvastSvc.exe as 'startup pending'

i started explorer.exe using task manager but nothing happened.after restart,even task manager is inaccessible

finally i restored system using safemode using restore point.

THIS HAPPENED FOR ALL PEOPLE UPGRADING FROM 4.8 PRO TO 5 PRO DOWNLOADED FROM ABOVE SITE USING WINDOWS XP

has this been fixed specifically in this version??

Aubsurmer

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 02:33:25 AM »
Aubsurmer, next time you try to install it please verify that it's indeed build 394 by right-clicking the left-hand side banner in the avast setup wizard - it should tell you which version it is going to install, exactly.

This is what i have now installed (this is what is written in the maintenance tab). So far no problem, but last time i didn'T have any problem before 3-4 restarting of my computer.

But right now its good  :)

bikemanAMD

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 03:12:16 AM »
Things are Well Here Now--Vista PC Working Great, Desktop 2 Freezing problem is Resolved--Working Great

DavidD

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 03:26:59 AM »
platform : Windows XP SP3

I was running .377 without having noticed any issue (just got the hardlock.sys warning).
I decided to bump it up to .394. The upgrade process was straight forward.
Everything looked good until I got the hardlock.sys warning again. (just went to select ignore - as you guys will fixed that in a new signature db release)

The warning bring up the Real time shield window and what I am noticing now is that the mouse is freezing every time the graph is being refreshed.
It happens with any of the Real time shields graphs. CPU/memory usage is normal.

Just wanted to mention it.  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 03:32:30 AM »
See this earlier post, this is confirmed and will be fixed in a VPS Update.

<snip>
It does however find hardlock.sys, also part of the Aladdin Hasp SRM software (as is aksfridge.sys), suspicious via heuristic scanning.

Correct. It will be solved in one of the next VPS updates (doesn't require a program update).

Thanks
Vlk
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security