Author Topic: Exclusion list in boot up scan??  (Read 5100 times)

TimN

Exclusion list in boot up scan??
« on: June 21, 2003, 02:25:11 PM »
I have a couple of files on my system, notably files from Panda's online Active Scan which avast! picks up as viruses. They are not, so I have them set in my Exclusions list when I do a scan so they do not keep getting picked up.  Is there any way of specifying exclusions for the boot up scan as well?
Also, rather than having to keep pressing ignore/delete/move etc each time a potential virus is found in the boot up scan, can avast! be set to give a report at the end?

techie101

Re:Exclusion list in boot up scan??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 08:27:10 AM »
Tim,

I see that your at it again. hahaha
Yes, Avast does pick up Panda online as a virus only because Panda does an invasive check of the system and Avast knows it!  To Avast, an intruder is poking around your system and it wants to stop it....as it should.
As far as the boot scan goes, it is possible to put file extensions (masks) of files booted up at startup into the exclusions list and you can also specify file paths, but in doing so, you may allow a virus to embed itself into your system and cause damage before you read the "report" at the END which you seem to prefer.

The Avast report is generated on the "session" including the boot and full scan.

One of the great things about Avast is that it lets you know when something needs your attention, and then gives you choices on how YOU want to handle them.

And what potential viruses have you found in your BOOT?  Avast will not generalize when it comes to virus treatment and that is why it will ask you to Ignore, Delete or Move for each occurrence mainly because each situation is different.

See what I mean?

Until your next question.....
Only joking.    hahahahaha

Good Luck
 ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Exclusion list in boot up scan??
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 09:56:57 AM »
techie101: avast! doesn't announce Panda as virus because of the way it behaves, but simply becauda Panda keeps unencrypted pieces of real virus code in their files (its virus "signatures").

timN: The report file of avast! boot time scan scan be found in %avast_install_dir%\Data\Report\aswboot.txt  (I hope).