Author Topic: My first skin (Final Preview)  (Read 21761 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:My first skin (Final Preview)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 02:09:37 PM »
Yeah i'll need transparency on the main window (upper left and right corner,because they are rounded and would look ugly if i don't use transparency). Btw i already made the Start/Stop/Paused buttons :) I just need to convert those colorful image buttons and then i can basically start assebling this thing so i'll be able to see how it looks in real-time with clicking and so :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 04:34:22 PM »
For those corners you can always save file as normal 24bit BMP with some "strange" color you didn't use anywhere in that particular piece of graphics... you know what I mean ? See attachment...

Then all you have to set is, load that graphic into SkinBuilder, right click on that picture file inside IMAGES folder, choose Edit Alpha... and then APPLY COLORKEY... now, you just have to choose exactly the same color you don't wanna see on your skin... in this case, that would be some kind of PINK color...

Very easy...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 04:35:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 04:52:37 PM »
Aha got it. Its similar to WinAMP 2.x skins transparency.
Thanks

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »
Sasha could you assamble the skin if i supply you all required graphics? This SkinBuilder looks so unlogical to me that my head hurts (where did a put those aspirins :-\ ).

There would be no extra instructions since everithing is shown on preview shot. Oh is it possible that Sensitivity for resident protection is dropped down over Resident button (the way how GIF animation shows)?

Staind

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 06:44:21 PM »
Hey Rejzor nice job. I can't wait until this skin comes out; it will definitely be one of my favourite skins (as is On-Lite, and a few others!).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 07:05:41 PM »
Aha i'm working with Lite-On aside so i at least know what to select in ActiveSkin. So far so good and i'm slowly learning how to use something (right now it took me 10min just to find out how to place base.bmp image into this thing lol. This is gonna take a while :) I can't belive i'm actually making skin for avast! ;D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 07:42:19 PM »
I got the name for the skin! ;) It will be named MacLoverOS X,since i like MacOS X interface very much ;D I'm sure MacLover2000 won't mind if i use such name. Or you have any other better idea for the name? :) Otherwise skin is progressing very well for now :) Thanks Sasha for giving me "hope" to make this skin and for all useful tips you gave me so far :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 11:11:07 PM »
Ok i need some info soon before i make too much :)
Is file naming important when making skin or not?

In Blue Panel skin:
iavs_hig
iavs_dig

I used:
iavs_updates_selected
iavs_updates_over

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 02:09:48 PM »
First, you have typo... it should be iavs_hig.bmp, iavs_dep.bmp, iavs.bmp etc...

You should always keep the same name of the objects inside your skin... SkinBuilder has some "strange" behaviour sometimes, so the only possible way to do it right is to keep all those names exactly the same... I can always add some new graphics inside my skins, and I can name those pieces whatever I want, but if I use some already existing button states (no matter, graphic is new and completely different in shape and size), I have to keep old names...

Hope this helps...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 02:11:49 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2004, 02:25:43 PM »
I got the name for the skin! ;) It will be named MacLoverOS X,since i like MacOS X interface very much ;D I'm sure MacLover2000 won't mind if i use such name. Or you have any other better idea for the name? :) Otherwise skin is progressing very well for now :) Thanks Sasha for giving me "hope" to make this skin and for all useful tips you gave me so far :)
oh i wont mind  :) WOOOOOOOOO! More Mac Skins!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2004, 02:34:01 PM »
Jun is almost done... anything about MacWorld ?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2004, 07:24:51 PM »
Yeah i noticed i had to use those specific names when avast! thown error that covered entire scren screming about missing images. Then i renamed them all and placed them as they should be and i get that member groups for thre things. I assume they are related to buttons and specific dropdown sensitivity settings that appear when you click some button. Looks like i'll have to ask Martin for exact info. Maybe i have outdated ActiveSkin ??? Huh

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 07:47:29 PM »
What three things exactly... let me know those names, everything that is reporten in that message you get... and then maybe I can help here...

Actually, SkinBuilder will alarm you only if you used some strange names instead of original names... nothing to do with sensitivity settings. Remeber, you are making skin, not avast! program...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 07:49:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline bob3160

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2004, 11:20:43 PM »
RejZoR
All I can say is "You've got guts" to try something like this.......
It's really coming along nicely. Nice clean lines....

Sasha, I'm proud of you friend for helping RejZoR even thou I know your busy with your own work.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2004, 09:17:24 AM »
This is the exact error. Check the attached image...