Author Topic: My first skin (Final Preview)  (Read 21520 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:My first skin (Final Preview)
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2004, 01:11:33 PM »
OK, the only two possible reasons I could think off are:

1.) You did'n properly load graphics for those 3 things
2.) Names for those 3 things are still wrong

Try right clicking on those 3 names (one by one of course), and choose "RENAME" or press F2, no matter names are maybe like they should be... just rename them using exactly same name... actually, this way you wont change anything, but I guess SkinBuilder sometimes wants you to confirm that those names are really properly writen... one of those stupid SkinBuilder's bugs...

Keep me posted...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 01:13:05 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2004, 01:32:08 PM »
Thanks! First one was named dispay_area without L letter and those two were not even there. Looks like i deleted them while working.
I sent you the working RC2 version of this skin to your mail since i have problems displaying localdisk sensitivity and floppy/CD checkboxes correctly. Otherwise its almost 100% functional state :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 01:35:04 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2004, 01:44:19 PM »
Here is early preview of my MacLoverOS X skin:
http://freeweb.siol.net/razor256/downloads/MacLoverOS_X_RC2.zip

Just extract it to desktop and run it. Skin will load to avast!,but will NOT install itself to Skins folder as Final skins do (because its still just RC). Hope you like it :) More will come,but i encountered some problems and waiting for Sasha's help :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2004, 02:32:46 PM »
Well I just checked your preview in SkinBuilder. I must tell you that I really can't find why your panels are not in working condition. Everything is set like it should be. You must have erased something inside skin properties or something... that's why is always best to start making skin from the scratch... now, you have big problem... I guess, best would be to load one of those existing skins in SkinBuilder and start loading your graphics all over again. I know it's painful, but believe me, making some of those skins, I had to do that sometimes even 3 times in a roll... that's why that process is not so easy.

Few errors in your skin, I've noticed...

1.) Local Disk icon has double-repeating line just below icon.. and it's not verticaly centered according to other 3 icons on the right side...

2.) Sliders inside sliding (animated) panels are way to long, and shifted to right, so they sticks out of panels...

3.) Button order is kinda confusing, but of course that's only my opinion.

Don't take this as something personal, but those are just creative comments... you asked me for opinion in the first place  ;)

Advice: Load one of existing skins and just replace all those graphics if it's not too much work for you... that way you'll avoid painful and longlasting search for existing problems in your skin... believe me, I've been there, done that... million times... remember, we are talking about SkinBuilder   ::) ;D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2004, 02:36:59 PM »
Slider do stick out,but only in ActiveSkin. When you load the skin with avast! it looks just fine,the way it should be. Also that line under disk suppose to be shadow,but i'll remove it since it really looks funny.
I'll investigate other things...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:38:26 PM by RejZoR »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2004, 03:08:34 PM »
I'm telling you about sliders... you'll get more problems compiling skin if you don't keep it properly sized... friendly advice  ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2004, 03:13:42 PM »
Ah got it. I misnamed animation keys lol.
Now its working perfectly. Just have to change local disk icon...

Btw how do i change tooltips color? I copy&paste from Lite-on,but i don't like those colors.

I was working so hard on those slider,that i'll leave them this way. Normally the sliding object expands if you enlarge the slider "moving area",but its not in my case. That extra "over" size is due this reason. If i'm gonna make new skin i'll make it from scratch using your skins as template (only for those nasty exact filenames argh). Also it has to be moving eactly on those three marked spots for Quick/Standard/Thorough settings.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 03:17:06 PM by RejZoR »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2004, 03:26:36 PM »
I had no problems shrinking your sliders at all... You can shrink them without any problem... just try it...

Btw, I see no difference in your animation keys name... everything is like it should be.

Tooltips color ?

Tooltips color / Text Style - from there you should be fine
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 03:28:28 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2004, 03:31:21 PM »
No i don't think the whole slider,but just object that slides over it.
Resize entire slider in Lite-On and entire in my skin. Sliding object in Lite-On will enlarge according to sliding "rail",but mine won't.
Anyway i sorted out most of things now.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2004, 04:00:19 PM »
You didn't catch my point... it doesn't matter what size of your slider is (little blue arow pointing up), of course that's your decision how large you wanna make it, but I'm talking about active slider area. It must be same as static graphic, otherwise, your slider will "slide" out of sliding panel... in your case, to the right...

Well, as I said I did it without any problem. I centered your slider and made it exactly the same size as you static slider area on base picture is...

See attachmnent (Screenshots from SkinBuilder). Red box is slider's active area...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 04:03:58 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »
Yeah i'm aware of that,but i just couldn't make this thing to be locked size and not resizing with entire slider. If you can make it this way,i'll be very happy :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2004, 06:53:09 PM »
Yeah, no problem... when you think you finished everything, just send me skin file and I'll just resize those sliders for you...

Cheers !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2004, 02:27:59 PM »
Hey RejZor, what's up with your skin ? I wanna see it in download section... it's kinda boring to see just two skin makers in there... hurry up, I wanna see it !!!

You just dispeared, no sign of you anywhere... I'm little worried...  :o
I sent you e-mail few days ago... nothing is wrong with your sliders now, they behave just like they should behave... publish it man !!!

Cheers !
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 02:29:19 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2004, 03:08:19 PM »
Well i don't have any skinable bitmaps for that popup when virus is detected (it looks like Win98 now) and i don't have much time right now.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2004, 04:15:27 PM »
I never used any bitmaps for that pop-up window... it doesn't matter... I think it would be great even if you leave original one inside...

Cheers !