Author Topic: Avast 5 free, Shields and Reports  (Read 1831 times)

iroc9555

Avast 5 free, Shields and Reports
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
Hi.

This may has been answered before, but there are so many topics for A5 that I could not find anything to my satisfaction. So, please bear with me for a minute.

I am running XP pro Spk3

In Avast 4.8 an Antivirus option was added to the Event Viewer where I could see any Updates or error that Avast encountered. I could also right click Avast icon in the systray and look for Avast Logs where I had Alerts, Errors, warnings, and such. I know that those reports have been change to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ALWIL Software\Avast5\report or Log

I have modify the shields reports so that they will also report for Soft Errors, However the reports come out just with something like this:

* avast! Real-time Shield Scan Report
* This file is generated automatically
* Started on: Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:56:16 AM

You see I am running Spy Sweeper 6.1 (no A/V) and in Avast 4.8 Standard Shield I always had four errors that I had to exclude for the scan. something like this:

8:27:16       AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx [UNI]: C:\Archivos de programa\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\Data\settings.dat (C:\Archivos de programa\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\Data\settings.dat) returning error, 00000005.

Do I take it that Avast 5 is not encountering this? or do I have to do something to Reports settings to see what errors I have in my sys to exclude them from scans later on?

Thank you.