Author Topic: Is Mcafee Virus scan enterprise 8.0.0 Any Good?  (Read 3716 times)

zone12

Is Mcafee Virus scan enterprise 8.0.0 Any Good?
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:00:48 AM »
Well I got tihs computer back from the shop after avast broke the internet, I'm wondering if this product is any good, the copy right seems to only go to 2004 though. Only 5000 sum Virus definitions and 100 sum bufferoverflow

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Is Mcafee Virus scan enterprise 8.0.0 Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:44:02 AM »
How do you think that we would know as we are avast users (personal/home users) unless some company uses the enterprise.

I can't believe you are even considering an AV that is effectively 5-6 years old and may or may not be able to get signature updates so any investigation in my opinion is wasted effort.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:07:14 AM »
Well I got tihs computer back from the shop after avast broke the internet, I'm wondering if this product is any good, the copy right seems to only go to 2004 though. Only 5000 sum Virus definitions and 100 sum bufferoverflow

Hi...

I agree with David that it's unlikely an AV this old is still supported. If you wish to keep using McAfee, you should choose which solution is best for you here. If not, there are many to choose from. ;)

However, before you install a replacement, you should uninstall what you have currently with McAfee's MCPR utility.

God bless :)

zone12

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
Well I got the computer back with the program installed, I didn't expect it to be good. Another problem I'm having is that some windows componets were disabled, things such as windows paint, Calculator, ect. Do you guys know how to get back things like MS paint and Calculator? I've tried installing them from an windows CD although the only one I have is an Dell reinstall disk, I' ve managed to start it although it does not reconize the CD but it can start it?  ???

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »
Hi...

Did the restore CD you mentioned come with the computer in question? If not, don't use with that system!

You might be able to install MS Paint and Calculator by using the instruction listed here if you're using Vista. :)

God bless :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:13:34 AM by ardvark »