Author Topic: virus chest won't restore  (Read 3687 times)

goldberry

virus chest won't restore
« on: June 24, 2004, 03:31:37 AM »
I would like to restore a file from the virus chest but the restore option under the file menu is grayed out and not available. I found out from reading the forums that the files shown to be viruses are not. They just show up as a virus because I ran a Panda antivirus scan once and Avast reads some of Panda's files as viruses. I run winXP. Does anyone know why Avast virus chest would not allow someone to restore a file? Searched the forums and could not find any info. Thanks ahead of time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 05:35:21 PM by goldberry »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:virus chest won't restore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 08:49:08 AM »
The Restore option is only active if the original file was not in an archive. Otherwise, you can't "restore" (i.e. put it to the original location) but you can still Extract - place it to an arbitrary location you choose...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
Avast reads some of Panda's files as viruses.

Is better to say that Panda does not encrypt its signature files  :( and so, all other decent antivirus will detect them as viruses  >:(
The best things in life are free.

goldberry

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 05:46:39 PM »
Sorry I did not use correct technical language about encrypted files and stuff. I will try to figure out where the proper place to extract the file back to would be so that I don't mess anything up. I do want to let people know that I have been using Avast for several months now and find the program itself to be absolutely wonderful. I am grateful for such a program and cannot really say enough good about it. I really am in awe of someone who can program such software. Thanks for the forums too. Goldberry