Author Topic: Help With Malware not very technical  (Read 27147 times)

JAGUARD77

Re: Help With Malware not very technical
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
I did everything has instructed by essexboy and DavidR and everything is running and updating smoothly, thank you guys. This forum has been of tremendous help, the people in this site do not treat newcomers like crap and tell them to read all the other hundreds of posts first before posting like other forums not related to this issue have done. I will do a final Avast update and full scan, as well as malwareybytes, and superspyware. Last scans came out clean but were not full scans. Unless you guys have any other recommendations for me I will leave you guys alonw so you can help other less fortunate souls, I was there a few weeks ago and I know the frustation of lacking the knowledge to fix the problem. Keep up the good work!

p.s. If I have any other issues I will start a new threat if that is OK with you guys, thanks once again.

JAGUARD77

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
One last question, since the infected computer was used for online banking and social networks that require password access should I be worry that this information might have been stolen? If so is there any precautions I should take like changing all my passwords or other tips?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »
One last question, since the infected computer was used for online banking and social networks that require password access should I be worry that this information might have been stolen? If so is there any precautions I should take like changing all my passwords or other tips?

I'd probably change the passwords, at least to banking sites or others that might be important.
I don't know what the chances of any passwords being harvested are, it might be minuscule, but why take the chance?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »
If you run OTL/OTS and hit the cleanup button the tools used will disappear

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »

As has been mentioned, whilst the risk is small, the potential for damage is very large if that small risk is realised. So it would be advisable to change your passwords, you don't have to do this all at once, start with your on-line banking and important security related sites and get round to the others over time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security