Author Topic: Avast! 5 and Gmail Web client!  (Read 2427 times)

lexihel

Avast! 5 and Gmail Web client!
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:53:27 AM »
I know I read some fellow user saying Avast! 5 Mail Scanner "should not" touch file attachments made on gmail via web client. But I have to say it does touch'em and is giving me a lot of trouble.

Here's my problem. I followed the steps for Mail Scanner to work vía mail client (Windows Live Mail) and it works flawlessly, no problem at all! But my mother is using web client and Avast! 5. A while ago I decided to mail some pics using my mother's PC so I opened up Gmail Web client (using Firefox 3.6) and started the attachment process. It seemed to go ok, until I sent the message. My recipient received just the text, no images at all so I check my Sent items folder and noticed that Attached files were missing! They simply were not there. I repeated the process paying close attention and noticed Avast! Mail Scanner was working everytime I attached the files(after several minutes -.-"). So I tried disabling the email inbox/outbox scanners and tried again: Attachments reached the recipient succesfully.

So I'd like to have any feedback, since I've suggested Avast! to some clients now and I know they'll be calling me anytime =(. Solution for my mother's PC was to simply shutdown inbox/outbox scanning. But there should be a way to stop Avast! Mail Scanner to mess around with Gmail's Web Client.

Edit: Uhm, ok. I've repeated the test in my computer and seems to be working... So I guess I have to take a deeper look. I'll post my next update to clearify this doubt  ???
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:10:19 AM by lexihel »