Author Topic: Avast 5 License File  (Read 55104 times)

Homncruse

Avast 5 License File
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:27:39 AM »
Hi, I have a full years subscription to avast 4 pro, but I recently had to formet my pc. I can only seem to download avast pro 5 from Avast's site and that program requires a "license file" instead of a "license key". All I have is a license key and I do not know how to get this license file without repurchasing my subscription.
I've contacted the official support email address and they can't help me. Alll they could do is send me a link to download avast 4 which turned out to download avast 5 instead, so no help there.

My paid subscription is far from over and would like to use this program again. Can anyone help?

Hermite15

Re: Avast 5 License File
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:39:12 AM »
Hi,

don't have the exact link right now but there's a page on the web site where you can request a replacement, ie a license file against your key...

edit: should be this
http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 12:41:04 AM by Logos »

Homncruse

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 01:07:09 AM »
Yes! Thank you so much, that worked perfectly!
Now why couldn't the official support do that?  ???

Hi,

don't have the exact link right now but there's a page on the web site where you can request a replacement, ie a license file against your key...

edit: should be this
http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »
There is a button for it in Avast! 5 Pro too ( I don't remember what it is called ) but they should have explained that to you :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

slybo

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 03:17:15 AM »
I posted in another thread and have not gotten an answer so please help. I tried the link you provided. I have aol email and received a reply but it was not a file to download to my computer as I thought would happen. It was just a lot of information in the body of the email that looked like something that should have been in a file. Is this what  you received and how did you use it or did you receive a file to insert into avast 5. Is this a problem with my aol email. Am I suppose to copy and past the information, it is a whole page of stuff. I have pro 4.8 and have not yet upgraded but wanted to get the file before I did in case I have to uninstall and reinstall. Please help

Chubb

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »
I posted in another thread and have not gotten an answer so please help. I tried the link you provided. I have aol email and received a reply but it was not a file to download to my computer as I thought would happen. It was just a lot of information in the body of the email that looked like something that should have been in a file. Is this what  you received and how did you use it or did you receive a file to insert into avast 5. Is this a problem with my aol email. Am I suppose to copy and past the information, it is a whole page of stuff. I have pro 4.8 and have not yet upgraded but wanted to get the file before I did in case I have to uninstall and reinstall. Please help

AOL may have failed to handle the attachment properly.  I would suggest that you contact support using another e-mail, say your e-mail address from your ISP or hotmail.com and ask them to re-send the license file. 

slybo

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »
Yes I agree it could be because of AOL email but that is all I have. I do not remember my ISP one, never used it. Maybe I can send an email to support and they can try to send it. I have been busy today on other things and will try that soon. Thanks for the reply.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:42:06 AM »
You could set up a free webmail account with say gmail, etc. and see if that works.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

slybo

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 03:02:58 AM »
I have submitted a ticket to support and will see what they say but if that fails I will set up another email. I have not had problems getting attachment before and still wonder if there is not something wrong with the site. Thanks for your reply

slybo

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:10:05 AM »
Forgot to say I find it strange when you go to support on the Avast site and go to the license center there are only links to the free version and not the Pro. I only know of the link from this forum. Why do they not have the link there? Makes me wonder because I thought I saw it early on.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 04:37:12 AM »
I have submitted a ticket to support and will see what they say but if that fails I will set up another email. I have not had problems getting attachment before and still wonder if there is not something wrong with the site. Thanks for your reply

You're welcome.

You could try contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com by email and explain the situation as ultimately they would have access to the data.

Forgot to say I find it strange when you go to support on the Avast site and go to the license center there are only links to the free version and not the Pro. I only know of the link from this forum. Why do they not have the link there? Makes me wonder because I thought I saw it early on.

There has been a massive amount of work throughout the avast.com web site revamping it for the release of the new avast 5 version, so I can only think that this is an omission.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

slybo

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:59 AM »
I decided to go ahead with creating a new email account with gmail and try to get the file. I get a email back that says that is not a valid email that I purchased the key number with. Of course that is true since it is with gmail.com and not aol.com. Also gmail could not give me the same name part of the email address since it was already taken. So I took the rest of your advice and wrote a email to avast sales explaining all of this. I guess we will see what happens. I would like to get this solved before I upgrade in case I have problems and I am not in that big of a hurry since it will give avast time to fix the problems with Pro 5. Thanks for your help so far.

bhelm22

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »
I have had OP's exact problem with Yahoo mail...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
As suggested in this topic:
Did you contact sales (at) avast (dot) com and seek advice on how to get round the problem.

bhelm22

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »
yes i have tried reaching both support and sales (at) avast (dot) com - haven't heard anything in 2 days...24 days left on the "trial"