Author Topic: Avast 5 License File  (Read 55113 times)

Paulus88

Re: Avast 5 License File
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »
Hi,
I got a problem

I have recently started a new job and the company that I'm working for uses avast! pro.

I downloaded avast! 5 pro, but there is nowere that I can insert this key, instead it looks for a license file.

How can I make my license key into a license file?

slybo

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
Second post here gives the web page to get license file but it is not working for some of us. Good Luck if you try.

Paulus88

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
I don't have the email address that our product key was registered under...

our whole company uses this key.

You need to use the email address of the person who reistered this key, no idea who that was anymore...

If I install avast! 4.8 and register it and than install avast! 5 it will automatically transfer my license.

That is 1 solution, but I wanna know if theres a better solution?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
Someone at your company must hold the license file for your company and that would be what is required as that would I believe hold information about how many systems it has a license for.

That isn't a solution, as you would have to have purchased a Pro license for 4.8 and receive that license for 4.8, insert it and then update to 5.0. So essentially the license has to be paid for, either individually or as a mass corporate license. When you mention "our whole company uses this key" I would have thought they would have used something like the ADNM application to manage licenses if there were a large number of user. For any company, I wouldn't have thought that this would be left down to the individual to sore out.

You could contact sales (at) avast (dot) com and seek advice, but without knowledge of whom holds the license for your company, I don't know how they might find it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Paulus88

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »
alright well im new to this company so i dunno everything that goes on here yet.

thanks for the advice :D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Paulus88

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
oh yea, we still have a year contract with symantec or something like that.
Thats why when we install new computers we put avast! on by hand
Only on computers that run slow or in my case on my computer because its better!

Next year there will be a contracted made with avast! and then we will have it so it automatically registers licenses and all that.

Thanks again for the advice :D

archies

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
Hi, I have a full years subscription to avast 4 pro, but I recently had to formet my pc. I can only seem to download avast pro 5 from Avast's site and that program requires a "license file" instead of a "license key". All I have is a license key and I do not know how to get this license file without repurchasing my subscription.
I've contacted the official support email address and they can't help me. Alll they could do is send me a link to download avast 4 which turned out to download avast 5 instead, so no help there.

My paid subscription is far from over and would like to use this program again. Can anyone help?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
And your question is, you have quoted a post, which received an answer that resolved the problem for them. Have you not tried the suggested solution ?

If so what happened, etc. ?
What is your question ?

jimbob_sf

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
I am going to restrain myself from using foul language and apologize in advance for a frustrated tone.  I've been emailing sales/support for 3 days with someone who can't answer my question: we have a multiple user, 3 year license.  Does that license entitle us to a free upgrade to v5x and how do we go about performing the upgrade?  This *^% person keeps on sending me some scripted responses that have nothing to do with what I'm asking.

Going to Alwil support is not an option if they seem to have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.  Why do I have to go to a forum for answers?????

If anyone who works for Alwil reads this, figure this out quickly and inform your customers who have paid many, many thousands of dollars for workstation and server products.  No offense to the free people, but I actually paid for this stuff.

Hermite15

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
I am going to restrain myself from using foul language and apologize in advance for a frustrated tone.  I've been emailing sales/support for 3 days with someone who can't answer my question: we have a multiple user, 3 year license.  Does that license entitle us to a free upgrade to v5x and how do we go about performing the upgrade?  This *^% person keeps on sending me some scripted responses that have nothing to do with what I'm asking.

Going to Alwil support is not an option if they seem to have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.  Why do I have to go to a forum for answers?????

If anyone who works for Alwil reads this, figure this out quickly and inform your customers who have paid many, many thousands of dollars for workstation and server products.  No offense to the free people, but I actually paid for this stuff.

just what I was talking about in another thread earlier today (restricted section sorry)...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
<snip>

First I don't work for Alwil, just an avast user.
My experience over the almost 6 years in the forums has been if your license is valid (with time left) then upgrades are included in that license period. This has generally been for the Pro single user license, but I assume this is the same for multi user licenses.

The problem comes in that the 4.8 Pro license file isn't compatible with avast Pro version 5. For single user licenses it was relatively easy to install 5.0 over 4.8 and it would convert the license. This might not be something you want to do if you have lots of systems ?

Also there is a convert license 4.8 to 5.0 pro license, again more something on the single user license.

So I don't know what question you have asked, but I would think this would be more to the point:
"How do we convert an avast 4.8 pro multi-user license.dat file to one for avast 5.0 Pro multi-user license file"

What type of multi-user license is this ?
Are you using the ADNM (avast! Distributed Network Manager) to manage these system licenses, if so ADNM isn't at version 5.0 yet, so I don't know if it supports client side avast5 ?

Offline rkniffin

• Avast Reseller
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
avast! Pro 5 does not work with ADNM. If you use ADNM to manage your network, you need to stay with 4.8 until they release the new ADNM later this year.