Author Topic: Feature request/question  (Read 5314 times)

gprzybyl

Feature request/question
« on: June 24, 2004, 10:04:54 PM »
Upon initial setup I ran the discovery task and let adnm sniff out all of my pc's it could find.  Now a few weeks after the fact I want to add a computer.  Instead of running the discovery task again I would like to just manually add it.  I know I can use the add computer function and type in all the info but I'm lazy and would much prefer to browse through the network and add it with a click.  It would be nice to see such functionality added if possible.  

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Feature request/question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:39:16 PM »
Well actually the only thing you need to type is the computer name and domain...

You can also rerun the discovery task - or that's a problem in your scenario? It is meant to be run periodically.

In fact, it is meant in such a way that you can create a Discovery Task chained with a Deployment Task. The Deployment Task would be set to run on a dynamic computer group that contains all computers without avast installed (dynamic computer groups are enclosed in normal parentheses ( ) in task target definition). You'd then schedule the Discovery Task to run e.g. every night and it would automatically install the software on all new machines...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 10:40:34 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.