Author Topic: usn journal  (Read 3682 times)

bman412

usn journal
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
Is avast 5's transient and persistent caches dependent on the usn journal? If so, what happens if I delete the journal via fsutil?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: usn journal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »
Yes, the persistent cache would probably get cleared (well, not really, but the effect would be the same I think).

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
thanks for the deleted posts Igor  ::) ... I don't like that, whatever your reasons were, disagreement etc...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:14:19 PM by Logos »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
The previous answers were completely wrong, that's why they got removed.
Nothing personal, I just don't see a reason to keep them - why, to confuse users? (who may read only the first answer)

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
The previous answers were completely wrong, that's why they got removed.
Nothing personal, I just don't see a reason to keep them - why, to confuse users? (who may read only the first answer)

wrong or not you could have just said it instead of deleting the posts; I'd love to delete all the posts I disagree with on this forum, those I believe are wrong etc...why am I wasting time explaining the basics... imagine the chaos. You're doing that because you technically can, nothing personal may be but that's very unpleasant. The OP can read and would have read your post too. You don't see a reason to keep them? here is one: we posted them, period.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:44 PM »
This is not about disagreement - the answers were simply wrong, thus confusing for the original poster. The fact that they were from you... didn't make them that previous.
Posting the right answer a number of posts blow doesn't really help - the whole thread gets confusing and chaotic, as you say, so it's better to clean up a bit.

I'm not deleteing posts very often (though some of your posts would really deserve it - because you often tend to be rather harsh to anybody with a different opinion than yours) - but for a completely wrong information, I'll do what I feel is the best to provide the correct info, no matter who posts them.

Anyway, we got quite far off-topic here... so I believe that's enough.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:55:15 PM by igor »