Author Topic: i would like to buy a key for a system that has norton for another 40 days but..  (Read 1998 times)

zfactor

how do the avast keys work do they start counting from today if i buy one. i was going to at least take advantage of the free upgrade one but i want to use out the rest of the 40 days of my norton lic.or maybe ill cut it a bit short but i hate to loose 40 days. can i buy one and hang onto it till it needs to be used or will it be minus 40 days when i go to use it?

one thing i really liked about kaspersky is a 3pc key didnt start counting when it was bought and even better each pc was separate so you could activate one now and a month from now another one and it would still have the full time left. i wish all companies would do it that way.

thanks and i have had 0 issues with is5 on 6 pc's so far. all run win7 64 bit though

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
I just bought a Pro License on Jan 30 and the message I got was they start counting on the day I bought it, not when I install. it.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

zfactor

yeah i saw that also but i was hoping there was a way to maybe stop it from counting or have alwil lock it somehow till i requested it not be. sucks not to get in on the upgrade % off deal.