Author Topic: Behaviour Shield Questions  (Read 6689 times)

Hermite15

Re: Behaviour Shield Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 12:58:20 AM »
the thing is the BS activity (just quoting the devs here) depends on rule sets, and it's been already stated that for misc reasons there would be none yet for 64 bit OS's, so one could indeed question what's there for 32 bit OS's... may be not much either yet, which would explain the lack of activity observed by most users.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 05:14:28 AM »
so im using win 7 64 bit and i have avast 5 free installed,does the behvior shield work or not?if not thats a big let down as the behaviour shield is the big addon in the free version.it would be nice if someone from alwil would answer this thread?

Fract504

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »
If you need a 64bit behavior blocker use PCTools Threatfire for the time being.

Hermite15

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
If you need a 64bit behavior blocker use PCTools Threatfire for the time being.

unfortunately, at least on my system, it was really slowing down the browsing, for some reasons  ??? no big deal, I still got CIS def+ and there should be a behavior blocker on top of that in CIS 4. We'll see how it runs.

Fract504

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
Logos,
have you checked out the new build of Threatfire they just recently released? I had an issue with slow opening tabs in chrome and this was fixed, as well as other 3rd Party software problems.

Hermite15

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
Logos,
have you checked out the new build of Threatfire they just recently released? I had an issue with slow opening tabs in chrome and this was fixed, as other 3rd Party software problems.

no I haven't, thanks for the heads up, I might give it a try ;)