Author Topic: Avast 5 outgoing connections  (Read 10370 times)

Hermite15

Re: Avast 5 outgoing connections
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
It's normal.  Avast! 5 integrated all the local proxies of Avast! 4.8 to AvastSvc.exe.  So, it checks for major internet traffics for email clients, messengers, and browsers.

yep, just what I meant in one of my posts above. The thing is it's still weird that many connections persist for a little while even after the browser is closed for instance, sometimes they close fast, sometimes not that fast, and that would happen also without Avast. That's another topic.
???  I thought you mistook AvastUI.exe, which seems to be related with updates according to igor, for AvastSvc.exe...  Everybody else seems to be talking of the latter.

I never mistook anything  ::) I just missed that one poster here was referring to avast.exe and not avastUI.exe. See the other thread I started and referred to here: it's about avastUI and nothing alse. See also the screenshot I posted there, and here again, it's all about avastUI.exe (you see it now?  :) ) . Igor suggested that the connections could be about avast updates >>> looking for servers etc... and as mentioned in one of my previous posts here it's just not that, not that at all...all these connections can be blocked and Avast "free" will still auto-update properly...OK I don't want to repeat again what I just said  ::)

Sesame

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
I never mistook anything  ::) I just missed that one poster here was referring to avast.exe and not avastUI.exe. See the other thread I started and referred to here: it's about avastUI and nothing alse. See also the screenshot I posted there, and here again, it's all about avastUI.exe (you see it now?  :) ) . Igor suggested that the connections could be about avast updates >>> looking for servers etc... and as mentioned in one of my previous posts here it's just not that, not that at all...all these connections can be blocked and Avast "free" will still auto-update properly...OK I don't want to repeat again what I just said  ::)
Nobody is talking of avast.exe but I admit that there is another person who is talking of AvastUI.exe...Olddog but the OP, DavidR, and mhf seem to be talking of AvastSvc.exe.  To my eyes, you appeared to have mistaken/hijacked the topic...but I guess it is not a huge problem as long as the different function of each process is clear.  ;)

mhf

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
gulp - sorry about the PID (copy/paste error).

So it boils down to saying that all's OK ?

Sesame

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »

I guess so.  It works the same on the computers of everybody here and igor didn't come up to tell a thing although I feel his presence.

Hermite15

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
Yes it's true about the advert, the connection(s) are constant. However they are from AvastUI - I was talking about all the connections from AvastSvc.exe (1088) : that's not the same thing !

all the avastsvc connections are normal and expected on my system. But my bad, I missed the avastsvc.exe in your first post.

;)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:44:01 PM by Logos »

Hermite15

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »

yep, all the avastsvc connections are OK, they just reflect your browser and email client traffic via web shield and mail shield  ;)