Author Topic: Trent Micro Internet Secuirty vs Avast  (Read 15008 times)

Kobra

Re:Trent Micro Internet Secuirty vs Avast
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 03:24:21 AM »
Kobra, use what ever you like. Please, dont reply to this thread.

You can open a new thread for your Macfee.

This thread is for Trend Micro and Avast products only.

Why the hate mate?

My McAfee? Ive never even run the program beyond the 1 hour I had it on to test it with my samples.  I cannot stand the internet center, and I don't like the speed they update.  Sooooo... Draw your own conclusions..

As for Trend vs Avast, raw data shows Avast as a better product.  See my link above. But Avast has no firewall, which I think are pretty useless anyway, so that might be your ultimate deciding factor in your decision.  But Avast has plenty more features in other areas.

I'm being kind, diplomatic, and informative man.. I'm trying.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 03:36:01 AM by Kobra »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 03:34:55 AM »
Other free firewalls could be used in conjunction of avast.
I think it will be better if you use this way. An all-in-one-systemworks-like-application is on the opposite side of th layered defense, which is usually the best solution.

avast and ZoneAlarm, or Sygate or Agnitum Outpost or Kerio... you will be protected, in my opinion, in a better way than a single integrated application like Trend Micro.

Consider too: updates and support  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 08:16:36 AM »
Mike, is it really necessary? Will it afect the scanning?
Technical while it may not be NECESSARY I like to turn it off anyway to avoid any possible conflicts between the scanners

And dont forget the other great online scanners

Command on Demand
F-Secure
KAV
BitDefender
RAV
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

watchthisspace

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 10:10:37 AM »
Hi all,
Ive use Trend mirco IS 2002 and 2004 and they both suck (in my opinion). The interface is really horriable and the updates that quiet a while to download, I never played with the firewall so I dont know if its any good.The only reason i got trend mirco IS 2002 and 2004 was that they came with my motherboard and my brothers motherboard, (and that i'd never heard of avast  :( )