Author Topic: Lost internet access  (Read 3999 times)

Snike

Lost internet access
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »
I installed the trial version for apple mac computers a few days ago.
I uninstalled it this evening after noticing that "mail" would not close without "force quit", unfortunately I instantly lost internet access via my wireless network.
Other programmes such as numbers, pages, safari appear to close but in reality don't and only force quit closes them.
I tried to reinstall Avast and it seemed ok until opening the application, at which time it reported an invalid licence.
I have only been using it for less than a week so the licence should be ok and can't help thinking that all my problems are related to Avast at the moment.
I now can't install Avast as there is a licence problem and it appears to not uninstall properly either.
Is there an uninstaller that can remove it completely or is there a way to reinstall and actually get it working again before removing it?
The only way I can get internet access now is using a vodafone mobile internet access dongle, which is slow and expensive!
Help!

Snike

Re: Lost internet access
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
Removal / replacement of the battery eventually cleared the problem and everything is now working as it should.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Lost internet access
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
Removal / replacement of the battery eventually cleared the problem and everything is now working as it should.

OK :).
The license problem is strange, because as demo-user, you have exactly no license, and your 60day trial period is determined internally - so there's nothing that could expire this way.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)