Author Topic: Disable the virus warning notification  (Read 1992 times)

mikeau

Disable the virus warning notification
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:47:11 AM »
Hi there, I've searched through previous forum questions and could not find an answer...

Does anyone know how to disable the notification that pops up every time a virus is picked up? I receive loads of emails daily and as a result I seem to be forever clicking the 'delete' option when a virus warning pops up and requests an action. Can this be automated to just action a 'delete' every time and not pop up every time?

The edition I run is the free Home version and it works beautifully, but would like to tweak this one annoying feature.

I've tried unticking the notification options one by one in the settings but to no avail. Any other tips?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:22:36 AM by mikeau »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Disable the virus warning notification
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 04:58:15 AM »
Try this

Right-click "a" tray icon > On-Access Protection Control > Details... >> > Internet Mail > Customize > Advanced
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:24:20 AM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

mikeau

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:24:43 AM »
Fantastic Vladimyr it worked a treat.
Many thanks!

mikeau

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:59:04 AM »
Vladimyr's link has since been edited - the new answer is actually confusing.

Follow this:

Right-click "a" tray icon > On-Access Protection Control > Details... >> > Internet Mail > Customize > Advanced

then: (tick) silent mode > select: general answer 'yes' (ok)

Note: The antivirus protection is still on, but not putting a pop up on screen that requires an action every time. In this mode a pop up does appear for 1-2 seconds then disappears, and deletes the virus automatically.

A very handy setting change if you receive a lot of mail, a lot of spam, and viruses.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:50:22 AM by mikeau »