Author Topic: Avast error code 42056  (Read 6136 times)

Neo1

Avast error code 42056
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
hello Avast forum
                             i`m running lastest version of avast 5.0.396 (free edition) Windows 7 64bit, when i do any type of scan ie quick scan, full scan, custom scan i have a number of archives (rar. files) that come up in Avast with error code 42056 password protected, i dont password protect my archives and i know they are not corrupt either ???   wondering whether it is a bug of some sort as this did`nt happen in 4.8.......

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Avast error code 42056
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »
Hello,

You don't password protect your files, but many programs do it (I mean the programs protect their files). That's why maybe avast! cannot scan them. That's normal, so you don't have to worry about that. ;)

More info - http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=47
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Neo1

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:42 AM »
thanks for the quick reply XMAS,     i use WINRAR to compress doc. and .rom files  i dont generally compress software setup packages as there packed enough.....no big issue really just wanted to find out why new Avast wont scan them but 4.8 did.....cheers

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »
Maybe a different settings for the scan than 4.8 had?
Hard to say more without knowing the exact scan options, and maybe the particular filename we are talking about.

Neo1

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »
hi igor, i`ve set avast 5 to pretty much same settings as avast 4.8 (high sensetivity/thorough) i know its a complete new build with new options for scans,  its not a file/path name issue,  the "file system scanner" does scan them when i open/extract rar files anyway......thats good for me ;)........cheers