Author Topic: Executing manual scan  (Read 1983 times)

Offline fred61539

Executing manual scan
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »
I just installed 5.0396 and when at the "Scan Now" screen, the icons for Quick Scan, Full Scan, etc are non-responsive. How can I initiate a manual scan of my system?

B_in Ohio

Re: Executing manual scan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »
You are clicking the start button right, and not the quick scan, or full system scan icon?

I am not trying to sound negative...its just a question...

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Executing manual scan
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
I don't know if this was fixed in 396 (or maybe one of the intermediate versions after 377), but when I installed 377 (over 4.8 ) it took a couple of reboots before the descriptions and Start buttons appeared on the Scan screen (before that, only the icons appeared).  V5, at least in its earliest "final" stages, in my case took a lot of reboots (and a repair) before it became properly functional.

I know that in 4.8, after you clicked on the kind of scan you wanted (usually "local drives"), if you then did a mouse-over of that one you'd get a message something like "occupied". while the others would show something like "unavailable" or "disabled".  I haven't checked but maybe they've done something analogous in v5.  Oops, no, come to think of it there's a note (can't remember if right there or in the Help file) that says you can do more than one scan at the same time.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent