Author Topic: Question about this forum.  (Read 3496 times)

fire

Question about this forum.
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »
Does anyone that actually works for Avast respond to problems on this forum,,the reason I ask is that I'd like to know their opinion about weather you really have to uninstall the old version of avast before you install the new 5.0 version. I'd like to know only because if I do uninstall, and then have loads of problems with the new version, is it possible to reinstall the older avast 4 version until i can get some other protection. I know many people will respond but I'd like to know Avast's position on this,,thanks.

Hermite15

Re: Question about this forum.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
Does anyone that actually works for Avast respond to problems on this forum
that's a good question, they generally post when there's a bug somewhere ...but 90% of the help you'll get here is from other users ...so, as you wish  ;)

cod head

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
I doubt if you will get a official Avast response because they are very busy people.This is a users Forum and by definition a Forum largely compiled of users.

I installed Avast 5 over 4.8 without any problem.I would like to suggest before you install Avast 5 make a system restore point.Then if you have a problem revert back to 4.8 via system restore.

Feel free to ignore my answer as I am not a official of Avast.I do not know how long a official response will take. ;)

fire

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
Any advice from posters is always appreciated by me,,I stated in a previous posting that I did in fact install the new version over the old one on two laptops we have,(one with vista,,the other XP) and I didn't experience any problems at all,,my concern is the desk top P.C. which we use daily. I know this is an individual decision to make,,just trying to gather some info before I decide,,thanks all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:20:36 PM by fire »

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:43:51 PM by Marc57 »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »
Any posting which shows "Alwil team" or "Administrator" (sorry if I'm not accurately quoting) by the poster's name in the message is from someone who's with the company, most commonly Vlk or Igor but there are others too.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
Hi fire,

Especially in the case of alleged False Positives they give a reply or just a statement that it will be corrected with a new update. Also they may comment on alleged FP's with the avast shields in case of online malcode script or iFrame redirection flags etc.
They are also very fortunate to have the large volunteer support base here. There are excellent eliminators and security savvy members here that can be a great help in making the avast av product even better than it is and they help out with malware removal and cleansing tools, routines and propositions or report on analysis of particular malicious software, exploits, vulnerabilities, hardening and securing computers and data and a wide range of subjects to educate the visitors of these forums to better computer and software (browser, application) practices. I am glad to be part of this big team and what I am today I greatly thank the avast forum and its members,

polonus (malware fighter)
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »

^^^  a big + 1 for me also !