Author Topic: I think I found one of those "new" trojans/worms!  (Read 2737 times)

Kobra

I think I found one of those "new" trojans/worms!
« on: June 26, 2004, 08:34:51 AM »
You know, the ones that are all over the news, that get on your PC from viewing a picture and crap...    

I had just done a fresh windows install on my sons box, patched it up, then went out surfing for something in particular.  When suddenly, I noticed a "Process" pop up in task manager called "g43c"..  Hmmmm. =)

Upon further investigation, I found a linked batch file, several linked DLL's, and a system to keep the program fired into your memory and hard drive using pre-fetch directory, and a couple of buried EXE's and DLL's on your system.

Ironically.. Google has nothing on this..  5 different AV's and AT's don't detect it.

New discovery?  I'll send it to Avast first, and lets see what they find - hopefully they will get to it quick.  ;D  Please let me know what you find guys, this seems like a totally new bug, and it seems like a real bastage too...  Have to reformat the just formatted box all over again, nothing can get ride of it, and i'm not taking chances. LOL!