Author Topic: Deep Disappointing  (Read 4739 times)

julianr

Deep Disappointing
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
Dear all,

I have purchased the avast 5 from element 5 ALWIL's dealer and paid that through PayPal: Everything fine, received an order number: 316299585 and later a confirmation that my payment was received and a license key waits for me to download from a link given in the at the end of payment process.
Clicked on the link and received a .dat file few k big but no avast license in it.
After that I am getting an email with the same License.dat file attached. Same story, tha software does not recognize the file and this is it but not a funny show this time.
Ok. So what to do? Write a message to support at avast but no answer.... Call them over the phone no answer... While I really appreciate the software I just can't understand how they can survive with such a bad service. Nobody answers the phone on any number of the two existing on the website...
Deep Disappointing I must say.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Deep Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »
Please save the .dat file to disk, in avast! GUI go to Maintenance / Subscription, click "Insert license file" and either browse for the file (you'd have either to change the extension filter from the default *.avastlic  to *.*, or rename the file on disk from .dat to .avastlic), or copy&paste the full path into the "File name" box.

julianr

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:33:31 PM »
Please save the .dat file to disk, in avast! GUI go to Maintenance / Subscription, click "Insert license file" and either browse for the file (you'd have either to change the extension filter from the default *.avastlic  to *.*, or rename the file on disk from .dat to .avastlic), or copy&paste the full path into the "File name" box.

I did that numerous times without any success. The content of the file is:
"ASWSignA50E280A55133A52C25FF308818FB7C01F74C8D1FAA52615C459B6D3550DsnipASWSignA
ASWSignA157706FDA631243ACA610A4A2694CE55C1F189E8714D8B903D775F59E3BsnipASWSignA"

Nothing before, after or in between...

Same feeling. And why no answer to my emails or in the phones?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:11:42 PM by Vlk »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »
Hmm, that's certainly not complete. There has to be a lot before - something like shown e.g. here.

What e-mail client do you use?

julianr

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:36:55 PM »
Hmm, that's certainly not complete. There has to be a lot before - something like shown e.g. here.

Igor,

I am using outlook. That is not the problem. The same file is coming from the ling displayed after the sale. The same content. So the problem is not at the receiver. Is at ALWIL. That is all. Why ALWIL does not answer emails or phones make the story only worse. I paid and I want a product. It's not a Nobel prize issue so it should have been solved.
If my company would have the same service level I would be ashamed.

julianr

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

Igor,

I am using outlook. That is not the problem. The same file is coming from the ling displayed after the sale. The same content. So the problem is not at the receiver. Is at ALWIL. That is all. Why ALWIL does not answer emails or phones make the story only worse. I paid and I want a product. It's not a Nobel prize issue so it should have been solved.
If my company would have the same service level I would be ashamed.

Finally solved! Got an email from the ALWIL with the right license. Save it from Outlook and works fine!

Should be that way from the ady one. But thank you guys anyway!