Author Topic: How about some taskbar icon useful info?  (Read 3005 times)

Karl-CZ

How about some taskbar icon useful info?
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
Hi,

i wonder if its possible to have some useful information in tooltip when hovering mouse cursor over Avast icon in taskbar like in previous version instead of unuseful selfpromo "Your system is secure"? How about actual date of VPS at least?

.NeXus.

Re: How about some taskbar icon useful info?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »
Why? Have you problem with auto-updates? I think we not need more useful information than now.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
only really missing thing with the icon is something showing scheduled (as well as non-scheduled btw) scan in progress.

Karl-CZ

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
Why? Have you problem with auto-updates? I think we not need more useful information than now.
No, it was just example. Another one is below from Logos or text status what Avast doing right now. I just think, there can be some more useful tooltip, than that useless text. Thats all. In fact some people don't get connected to internet so often, so it can be useful for them know how old database they are have without need to open program and search for right "tab" with informations about database. Old version have this feature and i liked it. So sorry, that i say my opinion  ;).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:06:21 PM by Karl-CZ »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
No, it was just example. Another one is below from Logos or text status what Avast doing right now. I just think, there can be some more useful tooltip, than that useless text. Thats all. In fact some people don't get connected to internet so often, so it can be useful for them know how old database they are have without need to open program and search for right "tab" with informations about database. Old version have this feature and i liked it. So sorry, that i say my opinion  ;).
+1 ...jepp moore info..... :D

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »
yeah some of what's mentioned here has been requested during the beta testing, the devs said they would add a few things in upcoming revision builds, hopefully before 5.1 is there...but don't expect scanned files info on the task bar icon, it all appears in the UI and it looks really messy when appearing above to tray icon like it use to in 4.8. They've already ruled out to introduce that again. May be it would be OK if it only appeared, and just as an option, when hovering the mouse cursor over the icon, but I don't think they'll do that either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:26:14 PM by Logos »