Author Topic: Need help to renew avast! Free  (Read 9341 times)

Rendah

Need help to renew avast! Free
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »
I installed avast! Home 4.x year ago on my dad's PC. I upgraded his avast! into 5.0 days ago. Now we face one problem, the registration is due on Mar 1, 2010 and we can't or we don't know how to renew it. I go to avast! side to register but my dad's email received 4.8 license key. I am not staying with my dad and I can't be there around Mar 1, I would like to help him renew now or face virus attack later.

Please help to advice. Thanks.  :-\

Hermite15

Re: Need help to renew avast! Free
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »
hi,

just click on the registration button in the UI, fill up the form and you'll get a new registration + activation instantly. Don't worry about your old V4/home license key, you don't need it anymore.

Rendah

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »
Hi Logos,

Under Maintenance\Registration :

Registration information
Current registration will expire on: 1/3/2010

There is no place for me to fill up the form.  :-\

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Hi Logos,

Under Maintenance\Registration :

Registration information
Current registration will expire on: 1/3/2010

There is no place for me to fill up the form.  :-\

the form pops up when you click on the "register now" button, I can't show it to you right now with a screen shot because mine is already registered.

Rendah

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
Hi Logos,

My dad's avast! also show as registered so it won't pop up the "Register Now"  :)

The only problem is now the license valid less than one month but it still don't allow us the renew.

Or I phrase again my question : how short before the expiration date that avast! allow us to re-register our registered avast!.  :)

Thanks again Logos.  :)

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
OK so the first thing to do is to uninstall completely. Your issue might come from having upgraded directly from 4.8 to 5.0. So first uninstall, reboot, and reinstall V5 from scratch. I can't recommend to use the new uninstall utility for V5 , it's in early stage of development so just use the normal command in Windows for this. Also, see if there's anything left in Alwill folders in program files, and in all users or program data, just delete manually what's left after a reboot, and clean your temporary folders (use CCleaner or else). Once done, you can reinstall V5.

Or I phrase again my question : how short before the expiration date that avast! allow us to re-register our registered avast!

you'll be notified by mail I think, or may be a pop up from the application... but just try to follow the instructions I gave you  ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:47:23 PM by Logos »