Author Topic: Refund for Avast Internet Security which Avast is miss-selling!  (Read 4272 times)

99johsmi

Refund for Avast Internet Security which Avast is miss-selling!
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:14 PM »
Hi, I have multiple PCs in my house and purchased a multi-PC licence for Avast Pro including Windows Home Server late last year, but thanks to the latest update to Avast, my mum who I live with panicked when she saw a pop-up from Avast saying she was at risk as it was running out (her PC was on the free edition still) and she should buy the latest version to keep her safe. 

Panicking as she knows Viruses are dangerous etc, instead of consulting with the person who's paid to manage IT system for a living (IE Me!), she has gone and bought the Internet security suite for 3 PCS as that's what it told her to get and what she would need!!  Sure enough she has done and paid the fee of nearly £50 for it!  :o

I've had a go at her this evening as I bought this pack of Avast licences for Avast Pro and WHS earlier on and I have enough to cover her PC as well.

How can she go about getting a refund for the one she bought as we don't need it and its a genuine mistake, thanks to the nature of the way the Avast is showing out of date, she is not the first I know to have done this! But it is very much a miss-sold product and as such we want a refund for it as its miss-selling goods, she didn't need a 3 pack to start with she only has 1 PC!

How can she go about getting the refund please.

waking

99johsmi

Re: Refund for Avast Internet Security which Avast is miss-selling!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
Sales were not interested as she emailed them, thus my posting here.  They said its not a sales problem try technical support?!

waking

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
How long ago did she purchase it? If less than two months ago, and you
want a refund, then it most definitely *is* a sales issue.

On the avast! "Your Cart" page(s) it has this in the lower right corner:

"Money-back guarantee

All purchases of avast products
come with a 60 day money-
back guarantee."

Get in touch with sales again. If they still give you the run around,
try to get the contact's name. Then *escalate* and raise hell.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:45:50 PM by waking »

99johsmi

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »
Ah-ha Thanks!! I hadn't noticed that before!

It was only one or two days ago that she did it so will tell her to persue it with them again.

I like Avast as a product so it will be keeping Avast on it etc just not impressed with the latest "marketing campaign" that is being pushed with the latest version on the warning / expiry of free licences by selling the most expensive product.