Author Topic: CNET User Opinions - 95% Give Avast Thumbs Up  (Read 20160 times)

bbfi

CNET User Opinions - 95% Give Avast Thumbs Up
« on: June 25, 2004, 10:56:29 PM »
I thought that our family here at Avast might like to know this. My weekly email from CNET contained the following -

This Week's Top Movers
Here are some of the fastest-rising downloads on our Most Popular list:

1. Registry Mechanic - Wrenching up eight pegs to No. 17, this handy maintenance tool keeps your registry clean and your PC running smoothly.
2. Yahoo Messenger - Stay close to friends and family with this instant-messaging app, as it chats up five spots to No. 21.
3. Spyware Doctor - Healing systems of rampant malware infections, this adware scanner works its way up 10 spots to No. 25.
4. Avast Home Edition - Protect your system from viruses, worms, and other pests with this free antivirus package, debuting at No. 47.
5. Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner - Blasting its way into the top 50 at No. 48, this do-it-yourself adware-removal tool gives you the power to keep your system clear of malware and other uninvited guests.

At CNET's site, CNET Users give Avast a 95% Thumbs Up and rave reviews at http://www.download.com/3302-2239_4-10285256.html. ;D ;D ;D

Staind

Re:CNET User Opinions - 95% Give Avast Thumbs Up
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 12:20:38 AM »
I noticed this too. :) Thanks for posting.

techie101

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 12:27:15 AM »
Only 95%....we must be doing something wrong!
   ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 01:22:01 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 01:23:06 AM »
When I try to read the 'negative' posts of CNET I cannot find any with a reasonable explanation about the negative vote. Blames and fights, not a common sense.

The majority of the 'negative' votes come from users that do not know what they are really doing, people that do not come here to ask  :P
The best things in life are free.

The Maxx

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 02:35:42 AM »
I read the "negative" posts and lol... some were complaining the avast! Home is NOT free.  Said things like
"... but expires after 30 days. I hate that!"

"When I downloaded this software it said it was free but it is misleading. I guess the program is free and then when your trial of updates is up the program turns itself off. Can't there be anything free out there and mean it?"

Then there were the ones that said AVG was much better.

"it only scans once.and it has an annoying pop-up that interfears w/ my other programs.and it missed some worms that AVG caught when i thew this out and installed AVG.if you want a good anti virus then AVG is the way to go.don't waste your time downloading this trash.AVAST YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!"

So so sad.

Tipton

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 02:40:13 AM »
I also read the negative comments. There were three that said it froze their machine. Chances are, that was related to having Norton still on the system, ar remnants of it.

Douglas

Staind

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 02:41:58 AM »
There were a ton of ones that said Avast! wasn't free.  You know 5% of the population can't tell the difference between Home and Pro.. :)

cousindave

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 02:58:06 AM »
Also having to license a free program confuses some folks. :-\

techie101

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »
Maxx,

I do not understand your comments.  Are you just quoting others, or are you agreeing with them?

The Maxx

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 03:44:54 AM »
Maxx,

I do not understand your comments.  Are you just quoting others, or are you agreeing with them?

I was just quoting them.  I've never had a problem with avast! Home or Pro.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 03:58:32 AM »
Maxx,

He is quoting I suppose... (Edit: he was faster than I  ;D)

I start saying the negative comments are both non sense and non smart ones  8)
Before you post negative you must be sure that the negative is not yourself  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 04:06:53 AM by Technical »

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 06:25:51 AM »
can't wait with version 4.5 this increase to 98%

anyway gj Alwil
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 11:46:16 PM »

I think this will happen faster if we invite some 'negative' users to come here to forums and discuss their problems, receive help and become 'positive' ones  8)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 09:53:01 AM »

I think this will happen faster if we invite some 'negative' users to come here to forums and discuss their problems, receive help and become 'positive' ones  8)

Why not Technical bring the 'negative' users give them a warm welcome Avast forum
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip