Author Topic: CNET User Opinions - 95% Give Avast Thumbs Up  (Read 20221 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:CNET User Opinions - 95% Give Avast Thumbs Up
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2004, 11:39:19 PM »
It's odd that you have so few and yet you can still produce an anti virus that beats Norton, which has like 1000% more people.

You'd be actually surprised how small their R&D department is... Same with McAfee.

I'd say at least 95% of their staff are sales/marketing/administration people... :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Staind

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2004, 12:07:13 AM »
It's odd that you have so few and yet you can still produce an anti virus that beats Norton, which has like 1000% more people.

You'd be actually surprised how small their R&D department is... Same with McAfee.

I'd say at least 95% of their staff are sales/marketing/administration people... :)
I see. Makes sense atleast. Thanks for answering my questions!

cousindave

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2004, 01:17:17 AM »
Well,I just went to C/net and put in my two cents worth.
 ;D

Tipton

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2004, 02:28:58 AM »
I think I put it clearly.. :P

Yeah you did, and I understood it right the first time. Guess I was being paranoid and reading between the lines. Just want to make sure, because I always add the link to this forum in the favorites list of the friends and famlies PC's  that I install Avast on.

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2004, 03:50:21 AM »

Do they have a programmer?  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Tipton

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2004, 03:53:14 AM »

Do they have a programmer?  ;D

Ha! Good one!  ;)

Douglas

CharleyO

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2004, 04:20:57 AM »

LOL Technical ... that is a very good question!    ;)    ;D  

CharleyO

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2004, 04:37:39 AM »

By the way, last night, I added my help on a cnet forum for W98 users (like me - W98SE) for a person who was having trouble with Norton AV. I gave instructions on getting rid of Norton before adding any other AV. What a pain in the ...errr... butt that is!    :(  

Anyway, one of the moderators had suggested that AVG would be a good free AV that was better than Norton. So, after my instructions, I added that the person should try avast!4 Home after all the trouble of getting rid of Norton. I mentioned this great forum with support from users as well as avast personel. I mentioned the frequent VDB updates that are quick and easy as well as other great features of avast! I included a link to the avast! homepage, too.

Hopefully, that person will give avast! a try next!    :)