Author Topic: Temporary Log File  (Read 2745 times)

slybo

Temporary Log File
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »
On Avast Pro 5 I went under settings and unchecked the delete log files after 30 days. I like to look back and see when I did the last scans and delete them when I want. But there is also an item that says temporary log file after one day. What is this? Where do I find them so I can delete them when I want? I would like to leave this also unchecked but do not want files left on the computer if I do not know where I can delete them. Thanks

slybo

Re: Temporary Log File
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:06:19 PM »
I thought this would be an easy question. Does anybody know what a temporary log file is as compared to a log file?

olddog

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
With Avast Home Version running on XP-SP3, there are two locations where logs/reports are stored

they are:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Awil Software\Avast5\Report\
and
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Awil Software\Avast5\Log\

I don't know if they are in the same place in the Pro Version, but since no one else had offered you any suggestions, I hope this helps.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »
"Temporary logs" means scan logs of temporary tasks. Such as Explorer right click scans and Screensaver scans (the entries in the Scan Logs folder in the UI).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

slybo

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
Thanks