Author Topic: HELP!! avast! 4.1 goes very slow then stops  (Read 17866 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:HELP!! avast! 4.1 goes very slow then stops
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 04:24:31 PM »
Check with avast!,clean spyware with your mentioned programs,defragment drive and buy another stick of RAM ;) 256Mb is quiet enough for most users,while 512Mb or even 1Gb kicks you know what ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

bbfi

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 04:31:32 PM »
limited_edition,

I use the programs you mentioned, but I also use a² free scanner http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/.  The free version will scan for all types of malware (trojans, backdoors, hacktools, batch viruses and trojans, internet worms, irc worms, java scripts, webserver scripts, vbs scripts, virus construction kits, denial of service tools (DoS), distributed denial of service tools (DDoS), flooder, keylogger, nuker, sniffer and unix viruses) and can be updated manually.  :D

There is going to be an update of the program soon which will be faster, but in the meantime, it might be a good idea to use the version out now until the other is released.   ;)

Do you use a firewall?  If not, there a some good free ones available, like ZoneAlarm, Sygate, Kerio, Outpost 1.  If you want there links, I will post them.   :)

limited_edition

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 07:22:50 PM »
i havent got a firewall i dont think but i tried Zoenalarm but didnt like it it got in the way, i might have one put im not too sure because this is and old pc (2000) but i have updated stuff :D..

..is it good to have a firewall is there any way of telling if i have one?

Check with avast!,clean spyware with your mentioned programs,defragment drive and buy another stick of RAM  256Mb is quiet enough for most users,while 512Mb or even 1Gb kicks you know what  
im i have done everythink there and updated everythink part from put more memory i want to i might get my dads friend to do it,, any one else got any tips so i can get a smoothly running pc :D

limited_edition

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 02:48:53 AM »
Why do you don't like ZA?
Did you have trouble configuring it?

I suggest you must have a firewall and continue searching the one which fits your needs...  8)
The best things in life are free.

elij

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 09:22:02 AM »
I have the same virus!

Avast cannot delete it, or it deletes it but it reappears. I've seen in addition two files cleaned from windows area one with the name GNDKRQWEL.EXE.TMP and the other MTAHC.EXE.TMP

In the log file of Avast I've seen two messages with errors on the application number 1648. The message read something like:

AAVM_scanning Error: x)Aavncheck Boot Direct Ex avgcanscan real of *BOOTA failed 00000005.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 02:29:03 PM »
I have the same virus!

Avast cannot delete it, or it deletes it but it reappears. I've seen in addition two files cleaned from windows area one with the name GNDKRQWEL.EXE.TMP and the other MTAHC.EXE.TMP

In the log file of Avast I've seen two messages with errors on the application number 1648. The message read something like:

AAVM_scanning Error: x)Aavncheck Boot Direct Ex avgcanscan real of *BOOTA failed 00000005.

Elij, you posted twice the same question.
Your answers will be found here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3288  ;)
The best things in life are free.

dbzgtobsession

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 11:35:16 PM »
I have Win32: Trojan-gen. {VC} too. I have Avast home edition, but no other antivirus program. The more I use my computer, the slower it seems to get and a lot of programs I use freeze. Avast won't let me fix them and there's an infected file in the Windows folder, so I don't know if it's ok to move them or delete them. These are the infected files:
C:\WINDOWS\System 32\ClrSchP014.exe
c:\windows\system32\keyhost.exe
c:\windows\belt.exe
c:\windows\bi.dll
Any suggestions?

Negeltu

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 01:22:06 AM »
What is the name of the windows file? If it is not an important systems file try to quarantine the infected file and d/l Spybot S&D AND AdAware...

Spybot S&D http://www.safer-networking.org/

AdAware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

d/l these two programs and scan with each one...  it will probably
pick up those bho's
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 01:25:07 AM by Negeltu »

dbzgtobsession

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 01:33:38 AM »
Um.. would you mind giving me a step-by-step? I'm kinda hopeless when it comes to computers. How do I quarentine the files? And why should I download those programs? Sorry  :-[

Negeltu

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2004, 06:22:26 AM »
You should d/l those programs because some of those files you found are spyware and browser hijackers.  The programs I pointed you to will find them and should get rid of them.

Do another scan... and when avast finds that file in the windows folder choose quarantine button.  :)  

RICHIERICH

Win32: Trojan-gen {VC} help
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2004, 02:45:09 AM »
I too am having this problem...with the exact same file as one other on this board.  I received this warning today:

Account:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Application:  1892
Description:  Sign of "Win32: Trojan-gen. {VC}" has been found in "D:\WINDOWS\autoload.exe" file.

Just two weeks ago I also received 4 warnings for Signs of "Win32: Trojan-gens. {UPX!}" but those were expendable files so I just deleted them.  What does the upx! versus the VC labeling mean?   ???

Finally, I did a scan with McAfee online just now and surprisingly they didn't flag the file in question.  And unfortunately they found two others that Avast! has yet to warn me about.    :(

I'm not certain what to do regarding the Trojan-gen {VC} file in my windows directory...I just noticed that it's not in my windows folder and is currently in the avast infected files chest.  Could somebody please shed a little light for me on this matter?  Much appreciated...thanks  ;)