Author Topic: help needed from this novice  (Read 2120 times)

mupster50

help needed from this novice
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:09:10 PM »
I just downloaded Avast 5, but cannot turn the firewall on.  It comes up with the box saying "Firewall unavailable"  - Please, can someone help with this in plain easy terms so that I can get this fixed.  I would really appreciate not being sent to look for it as I have been looking all over  (not just here) for support for more than 2 hours.  actually I started this process at 6 a.m and it is now 12:08.  Thank you.

Margie

mupster50

Re: help needed from this novice
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
Well 20 people looked at my thread, but  no one helped.  However, I read some of the other threads and someone mentioned going to the add/remove program list so I went into it and Avast was only listed as the freeware.  When I hit change, it updated everything and my Avast appears to be working ok.  Thank you to that person in one of the threads below.  thank you all for looking anyway.

Margie 8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: help needed from this novice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »
People are interested in what is going on in the forums but may not have the knowledge to suggest an answer as The avast Internet Security suite is a relatively new product.

Glad that you have it resolved though, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security